Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Democrats that aren't completely insane...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Yall cray if you dont think she & all the rest wont wind up voting "yea".
    This is just to make her seem like she isnt sooo far left, like she is really "struggling" & "deeply upset" when in fact sitting there she knows she will do it..because she's been TOLD she will. I dont think a single sorry assed dimorat will vote against it.
    I told yall. She is supporting it. All a big f-ing show.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    dupe.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Kendra Horn, OK-5, just signed her willingness to accept a single term in the House.

https://www.news9.com/story/41463864...or-impeachment
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Kendra Horn, OK-5, just signed her willingness to accept a single term in the House.

https://www.news9.com/story/41463864...or-impeachment
    I didn't get that at first.

Not from Oklahoma, so no horse in the race, but if what she was quoted as saying in the article are true belief's (about Constitution and Duty) then I would tend to support her decision as being non-partisan, even though I don't agree.

Activities like the ones mentioned in the last sentences of the article:

She’s been the focus of high dollar, dark money ad campaigns which have been calling on voters to urge Horn to vote against the articles of impeachment. Two out of state groups, America Action Network and America First Policies, have paid for more than $500,000 beginning last month.

Are too prevalent on either side and the main reason I've always thought the Citizens United decision was BS. I don't want elections bought by the elites, and if corporations are people, why hasn't Texas executed one yet?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Not from Oklahoma, so no horse in the race, but if what she was quoted as saying in the article are true belief's (about Constitution and Duty) then I would tend to support her decision as being non-partisan, even though I don't agree.

She’s been the focus of high dollar, dark money ad campaigns which have been calling on voters to urge Horn to vote against the articles of impeachment. Two out of state groups, America Action Network and America First Policies, have paid for more than $500,000 beginning last month.

Are too prevalent on either side and the main reason I've always thought the Citizens United decision was BS. I don't want elections bought by the elites, and if corporations are people, why hasn't Texas executed one yet?
    She basically won because the GOP incumbent phoned it in during the election and didn't even campaign. I'll give her all the credit in the world for beating the pavement and getting people out to vote for her. She had the chance to be bipartisan, but failed as soon as she got into lockstep with Pelosi. Her comments are straight at Trump and ignore everything shady from the DNC side in the House.

She sits in a deep red district where such things won't be taken lightly. At the very minimum, she could have voted "present" and not taken a stand either way. This pretty much gives her opponents as much ammo as they need to unseat her next election.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

She's the first Dem to be elected to federal office in Oklahoma in MANY years. I don't know what Pelosi promised her for her vote, but it's not going to get her re-elected after she casts that die.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    She's the first Dem to be elected to federal office in Oklahoma in MANY years. I don't know what Pelosi promised her for her vote, but it's not going to get her re-elected after she casts that die.
    Yep. Got that, pretty sure she knew that, reason I said if what she was quoted as saying in the article are true belief's (about Constitution and Duty) then I would tend to support her decision as being non-partisan, even though I don't agree because she'll be a one term wonder.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Yep. Got that, pretty sure she knew that, reason I said if what she was quoted as saying in the article are true belief's (about Constitution and Duty) then I would tend to support her decision as being non-partisan, even though I don't agree because she'll be a one term wonder.
    Regardless of what she said, she has set herself up for failure.

If she votes for the impeachment, she's dead politically and should start polishing up the resume right now.

If she switches her vote at the last minute, she's now weak and doesn't stand on her promises and the voters will turn against her.

Better to be quiet on such a thing and let it go. Again, voting present means she's not supporting either side and let's the Senate decide as it should be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234