Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PA Attorney Gen Makes 80% Lowers Illegal

Feedback Score

PA Attorney Gen Makes 80% Lowers Illegal

I’ve never had the slightest interest in one of these things but I am worried about the precedent and tangential ramifications it could influence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa...arm/ar-BBY3sWb
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    But why though?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Article is so full of fail, I do not know where to start. But it seems 80% receivers are still legal for sale in PA. Felons just cannot buy them. LOL.

Feedback Score
    From the link;
    Both he and Wolf emphasized this legal opinion that Shapiro issued under authority given him by the Commonwealth Attorneys Act is not infringing on the Second Amendment rights of legal responsible gun owners. It remains legal for an individual who is allowed under the law to possess a firearm to have an 80% receiver.

But Shapiro said, “If you are not allowed to own a firearm for whatever reason, we are here today to take the first step in working to ensure that these 80% receivers do not end up in your hands.”

Sound to me like they'll still legal if you're eligible to purchase a gun.
    Last edited by prepare; 12-16-19 at 19:38.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    From the link;
    Both he and Wolf emphasized this legal opinion that Shapiro issued under authority given him by the Commonwealth Attorneys Act is not infringing on the Second Amendment rights of legal responsible gun owners. It remains legal for an individual who is allowed under the law to possess a firearm to have an 80% receiver.

But Shapiro said, “If you are not allowed to own a firearm for whatever reason, we are here today to take the first step in working to ensure that these 80% receivers do not end up in your hands.”

Sound to me like they'll still legal if you're eligible to purchase a gun.
    Yeah, that’s the way I read it too. I think what this does is give the ability to charge prohibited individuals with possession of a firearm if they’re caught with these.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Article is so full of fail, I do not know where to start. But it seems 80% receivers are still legal for sale in PA. Felons just cannot buy them. LOL.
    Hoplophobes DETEST PA, because it's a Yankee state, but the the RKBA is STRONGER in our state constitution, than the 2A in the BoR!!!

They fling EVERYTHING they can - CONSTANTLY - against the wall, to see if anything sticks. It'll be interesting to see how fast the move to overturn this proceeds - or how fast a judge steps in to overturn it.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I’m more worried about the precedent this could set and how this “logic” could impact future laws.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I’m more worried about the precedent this could set and how this “logic” could impact future laws.
    Like making it illegal for a felon to possess a block of Aluminum? First they banned 80%, then they banned 70% - ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Hoplophobes DETEST PA, because it's a Yankee state, but the the RKBA is STRONGER in our state constitution, than the 2A in the BoR!!!

They fling EVERYTHING they can - CONSTANTLY - against the wall, to see if anything sticks. It'll be interesting to see how fast the move to overturn this proceeds - or how fast a judge steps in to overturn it.
    Pennsylvania Right to Bear Arms Article I; Section 21

“The Right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned”

Not much there for interpretation

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

PA has some of the best gun laws in the country. They have permit-less open carry, concealed carry permits are shall issue, even in Philly. Permits are honored in 30 other states, and getting a non-resident permit is as simple as sending a photocopy of your home state's permit and a pretty small fee to any of the county sheriffs' offices. They have statewide preemption of all firearm restrictions, no mag or semi-auto bans, full recognition of the NFA. PA is a good 90% of the way to being exactly how things are supposed to be. Pittsburgh tried to completely ban semi-autos, and the state told them tough shit, ain't happening.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast