Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Gold colored extractor spring

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Colt Gold colored extractor spring

What is it made of? How long does it last?

Feedback Score
    I don't know the answer to your questions but you can get them at Brownells.
    I got a half a dozen on my last order.
    Thats what im going to use from now on.

Feedback Score
    Music wire. It is copper washed to give it a copper color, and make it visually identifiable from the earlier versions.

It lasts a minimum of 6000 rounds.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Thanks. I get mine from Brownells too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They last longer than any other extractor spring I've tried (I have no first hand experience with Sprinco extractor springs but reports from sources I trust say they are good to go). Longer than PSA, longer than springs supplied with most BCGs sold as spares, longer than M16 springs and longer than the bad batch BCM put out awhile back. Colt M4 extractor springs get the Wolfhollow Research Seal of Approval
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    They last longer than any other extractor spring I've tried (I have no first hand experience with Sprinco extractor springs but reports from sources I trust say they are good to go). Longer than PSA, longer than springs supplied with most BCGs sold as spares, longer than M16 springs and longer than the bad batch BCM put out awhile back. Colt M4 extractor springs get the Wolfhollow Research Seal of Approval
    This.
    I will add that some extractors will be a little bit harder to install onto the bolt after these springs are added.
    These springs go on all of my hard use rifles.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Just looking at them they are thick and stout. No more donut for me.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    1-Do you use them without the O-ring?

2-Would someone add the brownells link for the research impaired?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    Just looking at them they are thick and stout. No more donut for me.
    An o-ring won’t hurt with the gold extractor spring.
    A quality o-ring is an insurance policy. Note I said good quality one that won’t fall apart in cold weather.
    All my carbine gassed guns have a gold extractor spring and a pink o-ring. Middys have just the gold spring.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    longer than M16 springs and longer than the bad batch BCM put out awhile back.
    When did that happen?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast