Thread: Surefire Vampire rough selector

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Surefire Vampire rough selector

I just bought a Surefire X300V and it is the first Vampire light that I got to play with.

When switching between modes, the selector ring feels rough and gritty. Maybe it'll get smooth over time, but is this initial grittiness feeling normal?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure about any grittiness. But rotating the head to switch between visible and IR can be very stiff. Of course, I've also got Surefires with Vampire heads that turn very easily. Some don't even require pulling the head out before turning. So it really just depends.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Selector ring smoothed out over time and feels a lot better.

Bought another one almost 2 weeks ago. It got progressively worse as I went through the settings. Now it is impossible to unlock and change settings.

Contacted Surefire for a RMA and got a response last Wednesday. Still waiting for the UPS return label.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If anyone is wondering, it took some effort but I got a UPS return label on April 27th. I'm still working Mon-Fri, and a little lazy on my free time, but finally got around to mailing it out today.

Feedback Score
    I will be interested to hear what Surefire says about it. Maybe a bad run of lights or just got one that was a little bit off? Not something I would suspect from Surefire. I hope they treat you right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    I will be interested to hear what Surefire says about it. Maybe a bad run of lights or just got one that was a little bit off? Not something I would suspect from Surefire. I hope they treat you right.
    I would like to know as well. I'm thinking parts didn't get deburred after machining/manufacturing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got a package from Surefire. The X300V-B they sent me is a different serial number and no longer needs to be pulled to unlock and switch modes.