Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolling your own prints for a Form 1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rolling your own prints for a Form 1

I e-filed as an individual and getting my fingerprints done locally is not an easy option. I have the current FBI cards and ink. I understand that it’s permissible to roll your own but wondering if anyone here has experience? I’m not sure what to put in the “signature of official taking fingerprints field” as well as employer/address underneath. Thoughts based on experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Theres a picture of a completed one on here somewhere. I've done my own. I sign as the "Official" and put my address in the "Employer" field. I've had success. It is my understanding that "Employer" is mainly used for employment purposes, i.e. law enforcement and education fields that require prints, perhaps to send official documentation directly to the employer in question, thus eliminating the potential for tampering. Word of advice... Practice on scrap paper first. I found it most difficult to get a clean print the first few times.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by medicman816 View Post
    Theres a picture of a completed one on here somewhere. I've done my own. I sign as the "Official" and put my address in the "Employer" field. I've had success. It is my understanding that "Employer" is mainly used for employment purposes, i.e. law enforcement and education fields that require prints, perhaps to send official documentation directly to the employer in question, thus eliminating the potential for tampering. Word of advice... Practice on scrap paper first. I found it most difficult to get a clean print the first few times.
    Thanks! Yes I plan to roll some out on scrap paper but also have extra cards.

Feedback Score
    I rolled my own on to a blank piece of paper with a fingerprint card underneath it as a guide. I then scanned it. Next, I printed the image on to the card. Finally, I created a Word document for all the fill in the blanks. I sign in both places in blue ink. I’ve sent these in several times and they’ve all been accepted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I rolled my own on to a blank piece of paper with a fingerprint card underneath it as a guide. I then scanned it. Next, I printed the image on to the card. Finally, I created a Word document for all the fill in the blanks. I sign in both places in blue ink. I’ve sent these in several times and they’ve all been accepted.
    Great idea! I mailed them an hour ago. I’ll report back here if I run into any issues.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    You can sign as the official taking the prints with no issue. You can leave employer blank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was approved with no issues. Mailed my prints on 12/18 and got the stamp on 1/22.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJinPA View Post
    I was approved with no issues. Mailed my prints on 12/18 and got the stamp on 1/22.

Sweet! I’m submitting a Efiled Form 1 soon so it’s good to know the timing

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't know if this is the best thread for this, but its mostly on topic and current.

I've bought/transferred all of my NFA stuff through Silencer shop and used their Kiosk. I have wanted to form 1 a few things and to me the biggest pain was prints. I read this thread and decided I did not want to role my own either.

On an whim I called silencer shop and asked them if they could print my prints out for a form 1 and they said yes and charged my a fair fee for each set printed and mailed to me. Consider me a really happy guy and silencer shop customer!

So if you've purchased from silencer shop and used their kiosk you can have them print your prints and as the ATF has already accepted them (10 times in my case) there will obe no worries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I don't know if this is the best thread for this, but its mostly on topic and current.

I've bought/transferred all of my NFA stuff through Silencer shop and used their Kiosk. I have wanted to form 1 a few things and to me the biggest pain was prints. I read this thread and decided I did not want to role my own either.

On an whim I called silencer shop and asked them if they could print my prints out for a form 1 and they said yes and charged my a fair fee for each set printed and mailed to me. Consider me a really happy guy and silencer shop customer!

So if you've purchased from silencer shop and used their kiosk you can have them print your prints and as the ATF has already accepted them (10 times in my case) there will obe no worries.
    I looked into this but at 15 dollars a set plus my responsible person the cost seems outrageous. So I ordered the free cards and went to the sheriffs department for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast