Thread: A HD Scope rail for my Franken FAL

Feedback Score

A HD Scope rail for my Franken FAL

I wanted a QD rail that could take a pounding with heavy optic if need be so I built this to my own spec. This is on a early CIA thumb hole Imbel that I picked up off GB. Now, its reconfigured the way I want it! Finally....
    The blank and first cuts to start.....

All friction fit

Good thing the bolt cover top radius is exactly a 1/2" ball nose cut under the base.
    I guess this is one of those challenges that I had to sink my imagination into.

That's the rear base in the raw. now the front hand guard is Israeli Light Rifle with a custom fabed accessory rail I cobbed out of a cheap China AR handguard.

The gas tube rings are made from aluminum bar stock & milled to fit the hollow channel under the rail. Also, I fit a steel front end to recoil up against the steel vented hand guard.

Now for the finished unit with a fabed up L1A1 flip up peep made to fit the rail that is windage adjustable.

Rear base lock in open position.

Locked up rock solid...

I wanted a flip out handle that could be popped out with the flick of a finger or edge of the hand so I welded the handle locking edge out quite a bit more so it sticks out just enough to get at easy but still lives nicely in an over stuffed safe.

The scope base/cover slides off & on the receiver to perfect zero no matter what. The Century Imbel Franken is exactly what I want built over a first gen DSA Alloy lower. Now it can keep my SAR48 company!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice!! Awesome job, you should market it somehow, some way!

Feedback Score
    Wow nice work.
    That rifle is badass.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Skills; you have them.

Excellent work.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I likey.. skills!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comments. I enjoy sharing some of my one of tinkering time to time. Milling all that by hand is pretty time consuming so it up to an outfit with deeper pockets than mine to put this sort of thing on the market. Food for thought......D 'S Arms?