Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a class that I can travel to

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Recommend a class that I can travel to

I’m looking to take a pistol training class. I’m more focused on technique, skills, drills, etc but something that includes mindset, situations, and all that is fine too.

I’d love to take a class with Kyle Defoe but unless you sign up within 5 mins of him posting the classes for the year you aren’t getting in. 2020 is completely sold out.

Would also love a class with Ben Stoeger but he’s targeted to skilled shooters with USPSA experience. Would like to start shooting USPSA but think I need some experience before seeing him.

Thinking about taking a class with a certain someone that usually has a lot of controversy around his name. Don’t want to say it in case I’ll get laughed out of here but I’m sure you can figure it out.

What are some other good options? I’m willing to pay. I don’t want to waste my time. I’m in NW Arkansas and willing to drive let’s say up to 8 hours.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Head to The Range Complex in Fayetteville, NC. Morphed from TigerSwan(legends in training) to Range Complex. Mainly former Deltas.

DeFoor got his start with TigerSwan; now Range Complex.

IIRC, 95% of instructors are former Deltas. Most 1st SFOD-D.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Head to The Range Complex in Fayetteville, NC. Morphed from TigerSwan(legends in training) to Range Complex. Mainly former Deltas.

DeFoor got his start with TigerSwan; now Range Complex.

IIRC, 95% of instructors are former Deltas. Most 1st SFOD-D.
    Just looked it up. Never even heard of it before. Looks great. Too long to drive though. Could fly I suppose.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some good recommendations in this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ou-ve-received
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Tom Givens with Rangemaster. He travels, check Eventbrite. One of the very best trainers on the planet.

Hardwired Tactical Shooting. Wayne Dobbs and Daryl Bolke. They host in Dallas, and are well worth traveling for.. Watch Facebook or Pistol-Forum for class announcements.

Mike Pannone. Superb at everything he teaches. He also travels.

John Murphy will be in Dallas in this fall. He's very oriented to the real-world.

Lee Weems is in Georgia, another superb trainer and friend. He travels.

Chuck Haggard is in Topeka, Kansas. Another friend I recommend without reservation.

Ed Monk runs Last Resort Firearms Training just south of Little Rock. He is a friend and good dude. https://www.facebook.com/Last-Resort...0316642038491/

A buddy has a website named FirearmsTrainingHub.com. It's perfect for research, and the instructors are vouched for.

Feel free to PM me about He Who Cannot Be Named.

Feedback Score
    Follow their IG... they post some good stuff

eta: The Range Complex IG page if you have it
    Last edited by farfrumgroven; 12-21-19 at 19:04. Reason: add info

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Frank Proctor is coming to Cresson TX in March. His teaching and shooting style fits me. I enjoyed his class. http://www.frankproctorshooting.com/...and-locations/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ernest Langdon will be in Dallas in June. https://www.langdontactical.com/training/courses/

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Ernest Langdon will be in Dallas in June. https://www.langdontactical.com/training/courses/
    That is an excellent class, and Ernest is a terrific instructor. I took that class this year, and got some really useful pointers from him.

Highly recommended, I'll probably do that class again. AKDoug - thanks for the link to the class.

By the way, if you run a TDA pistol, this would be a great class to take. He's a master with the TDA guns, and will help you with some great pointers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast