Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your 9MM good enough to bet your life on?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Time warp back to the 80's, kinda like that new Wonder Woman movie.

As someone who bought into the whole .40 cal craze in the 90's/early 2000's cause 9mm was for those who were too weak to handle a caliber that starts with 4. And after everything I've learned about pistoleering over the years, I have to say, if you arent using 9mm today then you are behind the curve.
    I am way ahead of the curve. I carry a S&W 5906 loaded with CorBon 115grn +P in my Milt Sparks Summer Special holster.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes. It is.

Feedback Score
    The FBI couldn't admit that a bunch of lawyers and accountants were not gun fighters. They tried to erase terrible tactics as the true reason for them getting their asses handed to them.

To blame the out come of a whole gun fight one 1 round, is like blaming 1 donut as the reason your 80 pound over weight.

I carried 1911, until it failed me so bad that I am lucky to be alive. 8 rounds to the heart of a terrorist as he tried to cave my head in with a hatchet. My buddy saved my life by sticking his Colt commando over my shoulder and shooting the terrorist in the head.

Later carry a Hi Power, I had a similar incident, terrorist jumps out grabs me as above so I can't get my Colt commando up. I started center mass, when he didn't go down I had enough rounds so that I could transition to his head and solve the problem.

In Israel for decades we were forced to carry 9mm ball ammo. Terrorist died all the time from it.

With the FBI getting into the ammo testing business all hollowpoint ammo performs within 10% of each other.
    This 10% will not be what allows you to go home at night.

I own like 22 pistols and like 10 PCC. Out of the 20, 1 is a .357sig, 1 357mag, 1 45acp,1.22. Out of the 10 PCC all are 9mm

Tactics- aware of what it going on around you and have a plan on how to react
    Cover- if possible get behind something that will stop bullets
    Shot placement- hit them where it hurts

If you mess up any of the above you can still go home by refusing to give up. Fight until one of you is dead!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Time warp back to the 80's, kinda like that new Wonder Woman movie.

As someone who bought into the whole .40 cal craze in the 90's/early 2000's cause 9mm was for those who were too weak to handle a caliber that starts with 4. And after everything I've learned about pistoleering over the years, I have to say, if you arent using 9mm today then you are behind the curve.
    Many years ago..that statement woulda pissed me right off. Truth is...thats the truth. Light years better ammo, faster follow ups, more capacity, and better shooting skills all add up to dead bad guys.
    But damn, I love a Glock 41 45acp still.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    People are still debating this?
    Last edited by LewWallace; 12-22-19 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LewWallace View Post
    Not sure what OP's intent was for the thread, hoping he will drop back in and add to the discussion.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LewWallace View Post
    You'd be surprised

Feedback Score
    I remember when this happened, it’s also been discussed on gun forums since the beginning of the civilian internet. I have to say I hadn’t seen it pop up in some years.

As people have stated, a lot has changed. It 2 ‘possums fighting with my mother’s cats multiple times, blood but ran away. I would not keep a 9. Things have changed, carry one for a while now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    You'd be surprised
    Should be able to find some info here:

http://home.mcom.com/home/welcome.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast