Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate suppressed charging handles

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like you I am looking for the same. I have watched all the reviews and read everything I can find about SD charging handles.

Came up with multiple sources comparing the Radian SD to the Geissele SCH and they reported the Geissele did a better job.

I went with the SCH airborne from G.

I also went with an SLR-7, LMT E BCG, and Vltor A5. Basically chose parts that are designed for suppressed use and hopefully they will all work together to make for a smooth and minimal gas to the face ordeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    How’s the LMT E bcg compared to something like the bootleg or gemteck bcg?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post

I would add that you may want to pick up the 30 cal end cap for your Omega (sico end of the year sale) if you dont already have one. By tightening the bore end of the can you are pushing more gas out the action, actually making the sound at the ear lowder. An omega with a 30 cal end cap on a 556 gun will be louder db wise at the muzzle but the shooter won't notice = less noise & less gas to the face.
    I was going to say the same. I have an Omega with 30 cal end cap and never notice gas using an 11.5” 5.56 and 9” 300blk. Both BCMs.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Using charging handles to control excess gas is like using heavy buffers and springs to control gas.

If excess gas is the problem, it's best to correct the gas directly, rather than mask the symptoms.

IMHO, this is the correct answer. If you want to add one of the better charging handles to go along with, go for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I was going to say the same. I have an Omega with 30 cal end cap and never notice gas using an 11.5” 5.56 and 9” 300blk. Both BCMs.
    I’ve never noticed gas until I got the suppressor of course. I’ve used it with both end caps, I’ll have to pay attention to see if I can tell a difference. Even with the ergp barrel, I actually noticed smoke coming from the top of the charging handle (Raptor). It’s not bad, but I was getting some gas up by my face that I’ve never had before.

Feedback Score
    So it sounds like the geissele sch or ach is the way to go. No it won’t fix the issue of gas but it seems to help from what I’m hearing. PRI seems the best with has but lacks in all other areas. And reviews on the raptor SD seem to carry too greatly. That coupled with a adj bcg or gas block might just do the trick.

Feedback Score
    and For what it’s worth the new BCM MK2 upper seems to be suppressor optimized.
    Last edited by MrHandsome; 12-31-19 at 06:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PRI Gas Buster is king.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Wait for ours in early 2020
    Any update on the release of your CH?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep, going to production soon

It's been shown and discussed in our closed FB group. So nobody can say we're turning this to a topic about us, this pic shows some of its features and we'll leave it at that.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by Duffy; 05-19-20 at 15:53.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast