Thread: Bootleg BCG full auto version

Feedback Score

Bootleg BCG full auto version

Anyone have any experience with the bootleg full auto BCG? This compared to other suppressed BCG lime the gemteck? Going with a pinned 14.5 so AGB is not an option.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ve been eyeballing this. Reviews seem good for the Bootleg, but haven’t really found many. The Gemtech has some mixed experiences on this site. I think it was presented PWS was the OEM for the Gemtech and of course their sister company Bootleg. Not sure if that is verified.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    I can't speak for the Gemtech, but my Bootleg BCG has been flawless so far. 12 mags supressed, then twelve mags unsupressed on the same say. I know that isn't many rounds, but it ran like a top. It is also easy to clean. Maybe it's because of the finish. I am very happy with mine. I hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no first hand experience, but people love them. I was tracking a thread on another forum where it was suspected the screw in the Bootleg was protuding into the upper, causing odd wear marks to the upper receiver. That's the only real negative I've read about them.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm haven’t heard that. News to me

Feedback Score
    I haven't heard anything either

Feedback Score
    Do you know if people were running them in non mil spec uppers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    Do you know if people were running them in non mil spec uppers?
    The thread it's in doesn't say brand of upper, just that it's a 10.3 suppressed after 10K rounds. That's a lot of rounds, but there was an unusual wear mark in the upper and a shiney spot on the top of the screw (left side of BCG). Doesn't seem there was any for sure answer, but the BCG was suspect with the top of that left side screw.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm running one on a BCM 11.5" SBR w/ an A5H2 buffer.

It works well and has been reliable. The rifle is very smooth with not too much gas-to-face suppressed (Saker 7.62).

I think the A5H2 is maybe a little bit too much buffer for the setup, though. It'll run reliably unsuppressed on 'u', but even with 5.56-spec ammo, it short-cycles on all of the other settings without the suppressor. I'd be happier if it ran 5.56 on the first two settings so I might try an A5H1 or A5H0. It eats everything on all settings suppressed, though.

Anyway, I like it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have one in an 11.5" BCM upper. I have also used them in a 13.7 gun, and even a 9" BCM 300 BLK. I'm a lefty and I notice a significant reduction of gas to the face. I also tested my upper on a friend's full auto lower, and the cyclic rate reduces a fair bit as well. I notice that the gun shoots better for me with the bootleg carrier vs. a standard BCM carrier when it is suppressed. A friend of mine also has one in his 11.5 upper and it functions in a similar way. I recommend them highly, and have been satisfied with the two I own.