Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, 1911 choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

So, 1911 choice

Plan on a 1911, price range, the Springfield's seem like a good choice. Target and general shooting for fun originally looking at the RO Target Elite, .45 but may consider the TRP Operator, .45

Mainly looking at accuracy, reliability would be a "given" CMC Power Mags would be used. (previous experience with the lightweight SA Commander years ago).
    I would have the weight advantage with the TRP, a couple other features such as the Magwell and checkered FS.

Mark

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...p/#PC9105LCA18

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...-target-45acp/
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

So, 1911 choice

I had a TRP for a while, great pistol and ran well with everything I put through it and it ran with Power Mags. I’ve since moved back to a Colt rail model which has been 100% as well.
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 12-22-19 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How was the accuracy? like benched 25 yards?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I had that TRP for a few months. I never benched it, but it was a tack driver. I only got rid of it because a to good to be true deal showed up on a Wilson Supergrade, so I traded it away.

The RO Elites are supposed to be awesome... But had I do to all over... IF I buy another SA it will be the Custom Shop FBI version.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    How was the accuracy? like benched 25 yards?
    Eeehhhh I’m an ok shot. Really shoot no more than 15yrds and never on a bench but it grouped well so I know the pistol definitely out shoots me.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds good. I think after reading some, the TRP Operator would be a good choice. I will look at the FBI model though. --2nd thought-no-yikes!

On a side note, what has changed with the Kimbers? Heard they sold and quality is iffy?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I’ve owned 3 Kimbers, had issues with all of them. My only 1911 now is a Nighthawk Custom. Price was ridiculous, but over 10k rounds with zero malfunctions.... only have replaced springs in magazines and recoil spring.

Feedback Score
    The TRP Operator is a solid choice and mine never gave me any problems. The extra weight of the rail and light I put on it made it a super soft shooter. It was more accurate than I am and my wife loved shooting it as well.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    In the TRP Operator price range I'd take a look at D.W.

A contender, at the least, for "most gun for the money".
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    In the TRP Operator price range I'd take a look at D.W.

A contender, at the least, for "most gun for the money".
    ^This. Springer is a fine choice, reliable and good gun for the money, and usually GREAT customer service in my experience. You won't go wrong with a TRP. But DW is outstanding, would be my top pick 1911 in the $1000 - $2000 price range.

ETA, you mentioned mags. The ones I've had best luck with in multiple 1911 platforms: Metalform (faves), Tripp, Wilson, CMC.
    Last edited by maximus83; 12-23-19 at 12:53.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast