Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, 1911 choice

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at two projects, a 1911 or a pistol/SBR in 6.5 G, match barrels, etc. This will be a better choice overall. Dump a couple things to fund that or the Sig Cross next year.
    I get you. I’d give that Cross a while though. Sig rarely does things with great success the first time around.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone here have a 9x23mm 1911?

I have always been interested in getting one.

I never understood why it didn't take off. But that was my perspective looking from the other side of the world
    Last edited by yoni; 12-24-19 at 07:15.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I doubt we will see much along those lines as you know about the caliber restrictions otherwise. I think if we get restrictions here, it won't be along those lines.

I elected to pick up a new 1911 as I have one project underway and didn't want the second (I have two Colt match slides) after starting on the one, I will let the other go.

I did the frame fitment from a new Fusion frame, went rather well until the used barrel gave me fits, it's at Fusion right now getting a new match barrel fitted. They were impressed with the fitting on the slide/frame. Funny-I didn't know how close there are(Fusion)

I expect it back in a week or so and have to finish filing the front sight down(blank brazed in) and add a flat MSH and maybe finesse the hammer/sear, etc.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I get you. I’d give that Cross a while though. Sig rarely does things with great success the first time around.

Yeah, you never know right?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah, you never know right?
    If history is an indication of the future, I can bet it’ll have it’s problems early on. Waited a while for my 365 for this very reason.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    (**DOH! Sorry, I'm a mouth breather! Just realized you were referring to The TRP Operator.......that's next on my list. Don't mind me.....carry on!**)
    Last edited by raydoctor; 12-25-19 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    Well, It's on the way, maybe today or Thursday
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...p/#PC9105LCA18
    You'll be happy. That thing is a tank. I wish I could have been able to afford to keep mine AND get the Wilson. Oh well. As said, invest in good mags. If you ever run out of ammo, you can break down a door with it.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, It's on the way, maybe today or Thursday
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...p/#PC9105LCA18
    Nice choice, congrats! Those are usually tack drivers, so I bet you'll be happy with it. Please give us a range report after you get a chance to wring it out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    All cleaned up ready to go! Had to trim the little "tool" to take out the recoil assembly, it was too long and the radius was off a tad. Other than that, wow! the difference in fitment and cycling is like a rem 700 and and AI.

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That sure is pretty

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast