Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: So, 1911 choice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It’s the 20s see? I’m gettin’ me a .38 Super, see? It’s a dandy of a cartridge, see? Go right through a copper’s lead vest, see? All the G-Men tote em around like cigars, see? Myah myah...

(I’ll probably get a 9mm)
    I will have you know, my grandfather who was an honest to G-D western gunfighting Sheriff that was in multiple gunfights, started out carrying a brace of Colt Single Action cowboy guns. But later in life switched to a brace of 1911's in .38 super.

He aso left behind his daily rules for a gentleman and what he needs on him when he goes out of his house.

1. Brace of fighting pistols and spare ammo.
    2. Razor sharp knife
    3. SAP
    4. Enough money to get through the day
    5. 2 good cigars the second is in case you run into a good friend.
    6. Clean and good cloth handkerchief, in case you run into a woman in distress

I know I am missing something, but I am seriously sleep deprived

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I will have you know, my grandfather who was an honest to G-D western gunfighting Sheriff that was in multiple gunfights, started out carrying a brace of Colt Single Action cowboy guns. But later in life switched to a brace of 1911's in .38 super.

He aso left behind his daily rules for a gentleman and what he needs on him when he goes out of his house.

2. Razor sharp knife
    3. SAP

When you get time, please finish your granddaddy's list. That is awesome, and speaks well of him.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score

2. Razor sharp knife
    3. SAP

I like this, but I’m not going to start carrying 2 pistols.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I like this, but I’m not going to start carrying 2 pistols.
    You don't already carry two pistols?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    You don't already carry two pistols?
    I tried once. Too much iron for a daily basis.

Feedback Score
    Regarding 2 pistols. If we think about his logic, Colt SAA you had only 10 rounds between 2 guns before you had to reload. With the 1911's you had more rounds, but I think they were not as reliable as modern pistols.

I do not carry 2 pistols, when I am in the USA. When in more high risk places I try and carry a shoulder fired weapon and a pistol.

I do carry the following when in the USA

1. good pistol and 1 spare mag
    2. Knife
    3. SAP
    4. Multiple piece of plastic plus cash. If in Africa the cash level goes way up. Also gold
    5. Non USA Cigars. Smoking in USA, is hard to do. All the hotels we stay in are the type that have cigar bars in
    them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Was your g'pa “Lone Wolf” Gonzaullas by any chance Yoni? Muy Hombre.
    (:
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Was your g'pa “Lone Wolf” Gonzaullas by any chance Yoni? Muy Hombre.
    (:
    nope.

Feedback Score
    Regarding 2 pistols. If we think about his logic, Colt SAA you had only 10 rounds between 2 guns before you had to reload. With the 1911's you had more rounds, but I think they were not as reliable as modern pistols.

I do not carry 2 pistols, when I am in the USA. When in more high risk places I try and carry a shoulder fired weapon and a pistol.

I do carry the following when in the USA

1. good pistol and 1 spare mag
    2. Knife
    3. SAP
    4. Multiple piece of plastic plus cash. If in Africa the cash level goes way up. Also gold
    5. Non USA Cigars. Smoking in USA, is hard to do. All the hotels we stay in are the type that have cigar bars in
    them.
    Makes sense. I also like this list better than most of the instagram “EDC”, which are basically just fancy toys.

What are the legalities of a sap? If there is more to your grandfather’s list, I would definitely be interested in seeing it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Makes sense. I also like this list better than most of the instagram “EDC”, which are basically just fancy toys.

What are the legalities of a sap? If there is more to your grandfather’s list, I would definitely be interested in seeing it.
    When I started in law enforcement in 1990 a retired friend gave me a well used SAP. I showed up for me first shift with it stuck in my duty belt behind my mags. Around 1995-6 the sergeant on duty asked me if I was wanting a federal lawsuit? So I stopped carrying it. The attorneys around here tell us not to carry one because they are designed for head strikes and that's a no go with an ASP or other baton. Most cops now have Tasers, which creates other problems.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast