Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So, 1911 choice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephens202 View Post
    I've had a stainless TRP standard format for about awhile now and love it. Feeds everything, shoots awesome, can't say enough good about it. Did change the FLGR to a standard G.I. set up and added a flat wire recoil spring, but other then that it is stock Springer. Read a slogan "TRP stands for The Right Pistol" and it has been for me. Price was good, got it at a local gun store for well under MSRP. It has been my duty, off-duty, do anything go everywhere gun ever since I've had it.
    I have a trp operator and love it. Changed out the guide rod and it’s ten times better. They’re a great gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice fish big man. Jeez what a sweet Red.
    I lived in South Florida for 11 years. Great fishing everywhere.
    Congrats

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    May 31 we can start keeping them again. Can't wait to enjoy that filet! The Sheepshead and Pompano are my favorites.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I had a Springfield TRP that did everything I asked but I wanted some changes done and a Colt Combat Unit that need some personal touches. I also had a few M45A1's.

At this point all my 19/2011's are custom guns...

Down payment on my latest custom 1911 was $500, took 6 months to complete, total was a bit over $3k. The point? If you save and wait for a custom gun you can get exactly what you want and never wonder "what if?" or say "if only."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Nothing special, but it will work for me. I tested HP-38, Zero 185 JHP, CCI 300 primers and various cases. Four groups of 5, kept the targets at the same spot for each group. 5.3 had two occurrences where it didn't lock back on the single round check. All three are pretty much equal in size, think I will go with 5.6 and hope my powder measure is consistent, either way .1 will work.

25 yards, rested on wooden block, bottom left standing offhand various charge weights 5.3-.7 and factory ball

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678