Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT MWS going from 16CL to 20SS barrel

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    I’m hoping I can find a good load using Varget. I have plenty of stored away.
    should not be too difficult, a million peeps run Varget and shoot well. However, sometimes load development is like falling out of bed, other times not so easy. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    So, I recently bought a 20'SS barrel looking for more LR potential. I have not overwhelmingly appreciated the increase in velocity. However we are seeing some .5 inch groups with a few different kinds of ammo. I definitely increased velocity, but didnt know whether I would see better sub moa performance. So on both fronts, I am seeing better performance, happy with my 20'SS MWS barrel.

If you are on the fence, go for.

Merry Christmas

PB
    You won't hear me complaining

Five rounds to sight in then shot these two groups back to back using two different loads with about an MOA shift between groups. The 20" SS is a keeper.

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    You won't hear me complaining

Five rounds to sight in then shot these two groups back to back using two different loads with about an MOA shift between groups. The 20" SS is a keeper.

Boba, baddass groups. Glad to see your 20SS is solid. Those are some solid groups. Congrats.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Boba, baddass groups. Glad to see your 20SS is solid. Those are some solid groups. Congrats.

PB
    Nice groups. Reloads? Which factory ammo? Sorry if I missed it some where. 20” in a 6.5 CM is definitely next after I am done reloading for .308.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Nice groups. Reloads? Which factory ammo? Sorry if I missed it some where. 20” in a 6.5 CM is definitely next after I am done reloading for .308.
    Those groups Boba shot out of the gate is really impressive. He may have gotten a straight up jewel of a 20SS. I need to relax and shoot some more groups and see if mine can shoot lights out. We focus too much on LR sometime and don't ring out the proven accuracy. Sunday it is. Mine shot similar to that if I remember, guys go buy a 20SS.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-09-20 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    Pappabear,

I was wondering if you ever came up with any good loads for your 6.5 creed LMT? I just picked up a 20” barrel.
    Last edited by Corse; 01-12-20 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Pappabear,

I was wondering if you ever came up with any good loads for your 6.5 creed LMT? I just picked up a 20” barrel.
    I shoot so many rounds and factory stuff is so good so cheap, I mainly shoot :
    Am Gunner 140 BTHP
    S&B 140 , cost .60 a round

Then if I really want super accurate, I’ll shoot Hornady ELD Match ammo at more like $1.00 a round.

So, no I haven’t worked on a load. We have battled without great success for the bolt gun. Done ok, but nothing that made us say, shit that is a nice load.

Let us know how it shoots. Congrats on your new barrel.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-13-20 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Duece7, You have a $3K rifle and you are shooting self made card board. It really helps to shoot a "Shoot and See" with diamonds that facilitate lining up your reticle. It will really help. One target with five targets per sheet cost .50 to a dollar on amazon. About the cost of one round to put it in perspective.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help.

PB
    Guilty as charged, too.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    Shot some Hornady 140gr American gunner. I think it shot decent got a couple .6 MOA groups, but I’m hoping to improve still.

76BFAE35-2061-4DA7-AD17-A0AF9D6CA4FA.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12