https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ce-department/

The Pasadena Police dept of Houston, TX, approved these 2 Primary Arms sights for duty use:
(1) 1x20 illum. prism sight with ACSS reticle
(2) SLx Advanced Push Button Microdot Red Dot

This has come up in a few various threads in the last year, but I'll say it again: I don't think it's any longer the case that you have to spend in excess of $700-$800 for an RDS + mount, in order to get a reliable sight. A variety of folks from Travis Haley, to Kyle DeFoor, and others, have been running various RDS or LPV's from various companies including Vortex, Primary Arms, and Holosun. And starting to see a few departments adopting PA sights for duty use. For the guys running these, I'm not hearing them say things like "I only run this on range guns." Personally I can afford to get another Aimpoint if I wanted one, and I do like their reliability and long battery life, but those are no longer features unique to them only. I used to get only Aimpoint for red dots, but dissatisfaction with the red dot clarity on my T1's and T2's led me to look around last year, and was pleasantly surprised to find several optics that have as good or better features, improved dot clarity, lower cost, and good reliability. Currently I'm running the PA 1x20 prism sight with ACSS. That sight is the best 1x I've had and can get superior accuracy (partially due to the diopter which lets me adjust it for my vision, and partly due to the precision of the ACSS reticle design) with it as well as quick hits.