Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Primary Arms optics approved for duty use

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    PDs buy lots of bad patrol rifles and accessories all the time. I don't know anything about the items above, but PD approval for use carries less weight than an ARFcom thread.
    So what? People often make bad decision and buy $hitty cars. That doesn't prove that all people everywhere do. And it doesn't prove these optics or this decision were bad.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have been very vocal about not liking Holosun in the past, but they have become unavoidable, and I give them props for all of their fantastic innovations in the industry. Yes it sucks they are made in China, yes all of my defense guns have Aimpoints, Eotech's or Steriners, but Holosun is freaking killing it.

Oh, and all the holosuns competing with the T1's and RMR's have clearer glass, and crisper dots and reticles for me with my Astigmatism.

The lower cost Chinese stuff is innovating faster, putting out products faster, getting contracts, killing bad guys in Aftrica with the SAS, and flooding the market the last few years with very solid and (from what I've seen) reliable competition.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    A lot of folks are reluctant to get into shooting comps due to the perceived need of expensive equipment. A lower cost of entry could boost class attendance as well.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Here's a video of Garand Thumb torture testing a PA 1x6, worth watching to see him drop test optic on rocks......while mounted on a SCAR H. I am kind of an optics snob, like the good stuff, but that ACSS reticle is sweet, just picked up a 1x6 Raptor for 300 blackout for $255 on sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ppOlhswG8o
    Where did you find the PA ACSS 1x6 Raptor for $255? Even on Black Friday, they stayed in the $350 range.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The lower cost Chinese stuff is ... killing bad guys in Aftrica with the SAS, ...
    Unit issued?

Feedback Score
    I have a holosun 507c on a pistol and have been very happy with it. When I first started researching a while back I was set in a rmr type 2. Then I saw Aaron Cowan out over 10k rounds on one with multiple drop tests. Primary arms also had some reputable trainers and industry people give good feedback. Chambers customs also has over 10k on one he tests/breaks in his 1911s with

You can pick up gently used Aimpoint pros for around $300 for s rifle and that would be my first choice, but I wouldn't be hesitant to use it recommend a few lower cost brands on a rifle. Many people I know won't spend more than $200 or so on a red Dot, at least there are visible options these days

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I stick with either the larger Aimpoints like the PRO or second hand market but on black friday PSA had a special ....10 Pmags and a Sig Romeo5 for $199. Haven't tried it yet but for $100 I figured I'd give it a shot since one of my older Aimpoints crapped out this summer
    Last edited by Arik; 12-24-19 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Rumbling I'm seeing by the FBI is they wish they had kept the Aimpoint T-2 instead of going to the SIG Romeo 4.

I get being on a budget and think PA / Vortex have raised the bar with Chinese made optics, but it's still Chinese made optics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Rumbling I'm seeing by the FBI is they wish they had kept the Aimpoint T-2 instead of going to the SIG Romeo 4.

I get being on a budget and think PA / Vortex have raised the bar with Chinese made optics, but it's still Chinese made optics.
    Absolutely correct.

Feedback Score
    Pasadena PD has a good reputation in the Houston area for their firearms training program and instructors. The instructors and many of the officers are pretty active with TTPOA which hosts classes for many popular and vetted trainers. If the PPD firearms training staff vouched for a product and says its ready for duty work then I would tend to believe them. Primary Arms is based here and has put a lot of money into promoting their products to local agencies.

As a company they've been extremely supportive of local LE and I'm happy to see them make inroads to that market.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andre3k; 12-25-19 at 01:20.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast