Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Primary Arms optics approved for duty use

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Is there a top-shelf illuminated prism sight, i.e. ACOG equivalent? The PA prism seems to have a great rep with people who use it and some of the folks here report a red-dot to be unusable due to astigmatism.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Yuck. Just because they are approved doesn’t make it a prudent option.
    I was skeptical at first but after using PA products for several years first on trainer guns and then later on patrol guns they have held up. The advanced series micro dot is awsome for the money.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms strikes me as the same kind of company as Vortex, where some of their lineup is good to go and some of it is chicom trash barely suited for your plinking .22. It does not seem like blanket statements about the brand's entire range are particularly helpful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Primary Arms strikes me as the same kind of company as Vortex, where some of their lineup is good to go and some of it is chicom trash barely suited for your plinking .22. It does not seem like blanket statements about the brand's entire range are particularly helpful.
    Not sure about currently, but I recall seeing one of their red dot descriptions advise against using on a 12 gauge due to lack of durability so they seem to be upfront on what does what.

Feedback Score
    Anything that a PD with a professional, squared away narcotics squad like Houston PD has that they use on their guns HAS to be GTG.

Especially with such a pro-gun Chief as Acevedo.

[/Satire]

Seriously, I like the Primary Arms stuff that I have purchased, which has been two ACSS Scopes. I really like the ACSS system. When it comes to "Bet my life" gear though, I spend extra for something that has proven durability. I would feel pretty stupid when I'm either taking incoming fire or have to take a lifesaving shot and my primary aiming system fails when I know an Aimpoint or Trijicon would still be working.
    Last edited by CrashAxe; 12-26-19 at 14:57. Reason: syntax error

Feedback Score
    Not than anyone cares, but you have more Chicom crap in your life that you know.
    I have two of the PA prism optics on two of my ARs and they are fantastic.
    They are better than any red dot. Especially if you have an astigmatism.
    I just purchased another PA optic for my Rem 700 LTR. It is made in the Philippines, if that matters.

All that said, I also own two ACOGS that I run on two other ARs.

ETA to add. Where are the Aimpoint PRO red dots made? Sweden. Does that matter?
    Last edited by army_eod; 12-27-19 at 06:59.
    Fire in the Hole

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by army_eod View Post
    Not than anyone cares, but you have more Chicom crap in your life that you know.
    I have two of the PA prism optics on two of my ARs and they are fantastic.
    They are better than any red dot. Especially if you have an astigmatism.
    I just purchased another PA optic for my Rem 700 LTR. It is made in the Philippines, if that matters.

All that said, I also own two ACOGS that I run on two other ARs.

ETA to add. Where are the Aimpoint PRO red dots made? Sweden. Does that matter?
    My business was forced by a small supply chain into a tour of Asian manufacturing companies from different countries. Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, PRC.

The stuff we got from the PRC had the worst Quality Control I had ever seen. Poor or missing welds. Misaligned seams. Threading that didn't work. We would have rejected whole containers but for the fact that we were reimbursed labor and opportunity cost to sort through everything by the Chinese supplier to make us whole.

That, based on everything else I have heard from others that have worked with PRC companies and experienced myself with consumer goods, like most of us, makes me highly distrust PRC QC.

The other thing is that I hate the PRC Government. I view them as an enemy to the United States, and an evil dictatorship not any better than Nazi Germany to boot. Mao killed millions, and now they have concentration camps for the Uighurs. I hate putting any money in their pockets when I can avoid doing so. It is just hard to avoid in the US economy these days. I do what I can though.

I avoid buying any PRC-made computers, phones, routers, etc for my business out of spyware concerns. The likelihood that the MSS wants to steal my company's secrets isn't high. But just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that the little green men aren't actually trying to castrate you with their machetes!! LOL
    Last edited by CrashAxe; 12-27-19 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I stopped buying the “I can’t afford Aimpoint/Trijicon so I bought a Holosun” bullshit a long time ago.

You all should too.

Most of these idiots have 5-10 budget rifles with budget optics and claim they can’t afford quality kit. Well, if you had just bought 1-2 rifles you could have some good KAC shit with quality optics, maybe even some NODs and a whole bunch of ammo.

Holosun is “unavoidable”? What does that even mean? Is Holosun invading your house? Are you unable to filter by Brand when purchasing new optics?

- Nightforce
    - Aimpoint
    - Schmidt and Bender

Done.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-27-19 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I stopped buying the “I can’t afford Aimpoint/Trijicon so I bought a Holosun” bullshit a long time ago.

You all should too.

Most of these idiots have 5-10 budget rifles with budget optics and claim they can’t afford quality kit. Well, if you had just bought 1-2 rifles you could have some good KAC shit with quality optics, maybe even some NODs and a whole bunch of ammo.

Holosun is “unavoidable”? What does that even mean? Is Holosun invading your house? Are you unable to filter by Brand when purchasing new optics?

- Nightforce
    - Aimpoint
    - Schmidt and Bender

Done.
    A Holosun just flew over my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your chinesium optics are spying on you

Stay woke

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast