Thread: Good day in the desert with my 6.5CM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Good day in the desert with my 6.5CM

I was finally able to get out to a friends secret range in the desert north of town today. The AI shot well as usual and made quick work at 875 yards and 1100 yards. I went 9 for 10 at 1100 with the only miss being the first shot which missed just right due to a bad wind call. The wind was overall pretty mild with a steady 3-5 mph wind from about the 8 oclock. I took a picture of the 1100 yard target through the ATACR.

The crappy variations in muzzle velocity I am getting with the factory Hornady 140 ELD-M really starts to show itself past about 800 yards. My extreme spreads are usually between 45-80 FPS over 5 groups shot.

I tried for the 1800 yard target but with no spotter and the ES of the ammo it was a waste of money. My buddy ended up having minor wrist surgery today so he wasn't able to come out with his AX 300 winmag and MRAD 338.

Shooting position

20191223_141750 by chase ditwiler, on Flickr

1100 yard target. 16x28 inches

20191223_154813 by chase ditwiler, on Flickr

1800 yard target. 20x24 inches. Picture taken another time through my friend's Nightforce spotter

F5C55EAD- by chase ditwiler, on Flickr
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice work! Jealous of the long distance range.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Excellent. Nice area to shoot.

I’d give a bunch for a “ steady 3-5 mph wind” around here.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    C, I really really really want to come out to your hide. Ours has no 1 mile shot potential. Let me know if we can make that happen. You can PM me with any details, phone number etc..or not But Im down if your down. Mark and another Buddy are all wanting to do the one mile thing. Our other buddy rarely has time off but he tried with another guy that couldn't do wind calls and he failed miserably. Definitely a group effort.

If you have time off between Xmas and New Years. Just saying.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Alright I'll play 21 questions:

Is it off the 202? (east side of town?)
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

The 202 is Mid town, he is North of Town. I have no idea where but that doesn't make sense to me. However, I get lost in a mall so.....
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

My friend who spent a decent amount of time and money creating this range doesn't want it to be publicly known. A few people have already damaged two of the targets. But it's up north east of town in the Tonto.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    My friend who spent a decent amount of time and money creating this range doesn't want it to be publicly known. A few people have already damaged two of the targets. But it's up north east of town in the Tonto.
    I shoot on a range with only private access so nobody fks with my steel. But another guy I met, that owns land in Maricopa but has no barriers, people steal his shit all the time. How fked up is that? If you see steel on the range, just shoot that shit and be happy its there. Why steal shit, its so stupid. C, I feel for your boy.

PB