Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon optic coming

Feedback Score
    I was hoping for the RMR 3.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I'm actually quite interested in seeing how the 1-6 Credo will turn out. I mean, has no one checked the battery life on the green reticle? 198 hours on setting 7 out of 10, and I'm told that's daylight bright. For home defense you can just leave it on all the time and swap out the battery as needed.

If Trijicon can get the glass quality right, this scope would likely compare favorably to the Razor II HDE; in fact, I think it'd be the way to go for a combat oriented 1-6 LPVO. The Razor III looks like it'll be a winner for sure, but for my purposes I'd rather have lower weight and longer battery life than more zoom.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeSpoon View Post
    I'm actually quite interested in seeing how the 1-6 Credo will turn out. I mean, has no one checked the battery life on the green reticle? 198 hours on setting 7 out of 10, and I'm told that's daylight bright. For home defense you can just leave it on all the time and swap out the battery as needed.

If Trijicon can get the glass quality right, this scope would likely compare favorably to the Razor II HDE; in fact, I think it'd be the way to go for a combat oriented 1-6 LPVO. The Razor III looks like it'll be a winner for sure, but for my purposes I'd rather have lower weight and longer battery life than more zoom.
    Change battery every 8 days? For an HD gun? Really?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wanted to like the early Accupowers and ran a 1-4x24 in a carbine class - it worked ok but without bright illumination the small reticle started to get lost in the background for me. And all of these new Trijicon offerings look to be just rebranded Accupowers / Accupoints (I've owned a 1-4x of those as well) and don't excite me in the least.

For an optic in the <$1K price range I'll stick with Viper PST G2 1-6x and above that, NX-8. I'm interested in seeing the Razor III 1-10x to see if the juice is worth the squeeze. Trijicon will continue to get money for RMRs as there still isn't much out there that competes with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Change battery every 8 days? For an HD gun? Really?
    If setting 7 is actually daylight bright, then you could likely leave it at 5/6 indoors and get 2-4 weeks of battery life out of it.

The Razor and K16i both have less than 48 hours' worth of daytime illumination, so even 8-9 days is a major step up in comparison.
    Last edited by LimeSpoon; 01-10-20 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I wanted to like the early Accupowers and ran a 1-4x24 in a carbine class - it worked ok but without bright illumination the small reticle started to get lost in the background for me. And all of these new Trijicon offerings look to be just rebranded Accupowers / Accupoints (I've owned a 1-4x of those as well) and don't excite me in the least.

For an optic in the <$1K price range I'll stick with Viper PST G2 1-6x and above that, NX-8. I'm interested in seeing the Razor III 1-10x to see if the juice is worth the squeeze. Trijicon will continue to get money for RMRs as there still isn't much out there that competes with it.
    Side tangent about RMRs I’ll convey from my FFL buddies, You can buy some models on Amazon for less than dealer cost. Trijicon is dicks about MAP for somethings but then they go and undercut them selling to Amazon accounts.

The last RMR 01 I bought off amazon was 399. Dealer cost was around $430.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Im interested in the 2-12 models and how the glass and tracking performs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Side tangent about RMRs I’ll convey from my FFL buddies, You can buy some models on Amazon for less than dealer cost. Trijicon is dicks about MAP for somethings but then they go and undercut them selling to Amazon accounts.

The last RMR 01 I bought off amazon was 399. Dealer cost was around $430.

has anyone gotten a fake RMR from amazon? I've seen it in the comments section.

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...ews-filter-bar
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just buy from Eurooptic.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    has anyone gotten a fake RMR from amazon? I've seen it in the comments section.

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...ews-filter-bar
    Mine came with the factory box, paperwork, etc.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast