Thread: It seems the long barrel 300 AAC is less popular than the short barrels

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Yep the MP5 will do just fine with 147s.

I just called a dealer I know and he is going to call distributors tomorrow and see if he can get me one. Apparently they take 20 rd AR mags? He told me one of the big box stores were selling them with scopes for 359.00 a couple months ago. I can't find one of them now.

I cruised around my QuickLoad program this afternoon and found out I can get over 1800 fps with 173 grain bullets from a 16" barrel which I will try along with reducing it down to around 1100 fps to make it subsonic.

He told me something that was shocking and he said gun sales are down across the country and the biggest distributor in SC went belly up two years ago.

Christmas day +1, made a interesting discovery the Ruger American 300 AAC will take AR mags. It comes with a ten round and I have a 5 rd for my 7615 which should work and of course I have 20 rd AR mags.

I will probably cut an inch off the buttstock to make it short enough for me. Might be able to just remove buttpad as it seems quite thick and replace it with a steel plate as obviously it doesn't need a recoil pad.

I have a ammo test plate that I will be utilizing to evaluate how much energy it delivers at different ranges.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 12-26-19 at 09:27.