Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressor Bore Diameters

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Were these all fairly large/long cans?
    The 30 cal AAC can and maybe the Gemtech Sandstorm once? But yeah... cans that are generally too big/unwieldy to run on an AR on a regular basis... we kinda tried them out here and there.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    In my opinion, the only numbers that matter are the numbers at the ear. Speaking from a centerfire rifle (not sub gun) perspective, Sonic crack is painfully loud in front of the can when you're near by, and far out-barks any wonderful Db reduction.

We've run over bored cans on a few set ups. Performance differences in gas volume, etc have been negligible. i.e. a 30 cal can on an AR-15 still adds gas and bolt speed, and doesn't seem to run significantly smoother/require a different port size etc. to optimize the configuration.

All in all. I definitely like an over bore can in almost every application because there's a little less back pressure/gas in the face, AND you get some margin for error if a bad round/bullet tries to hit your baffles/cap.
    Odd. My socom 762rc is WAY less gassy than my socom mini 556. As in, massively so. World changing so.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Odd. My socom 762rc is WAY less gassy than my socom mini 556. As in, massively so. World changing so.
    I think I've only fired one SF can. But it makes sense. My mini can appreciation is based on comparison with full size cans also in 5.56. I've never pro actively swapped out a 30 cal vs. the Mini for gas comparison. I might try it next time Pappabear has the Mini 4 out to shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think I've only fired one SF can. But it makes sense. My mini can appreciation is based on comparison with full size cans also in 5.56. I've never pro actively swapped out a 30 cal vs. the Mini for gas comparison. I might try it next time Pappabear has the Mini 4 out to shoot.
    It was literally so night and day that it led me to buy a KAC QDC because I cannot bare to stick that damn mini on a gun. It's absurd. I have also heard from many people that the mini has more backpressure than the SOCOM, even same-caliber 556 bore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12