Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Freedom RDS---Why Aren't You Guys Excited About This?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Supposed to be some type of VX-R Patrol update in the works. Will whatever it is be launched by SHOT?
    Maybe, retailers are dumping VX-Rs of all types for cheap. Patrols that were $550+ are $360.

Hopefully their reboot works out for them, but I think it'll be more of the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Maybe, retailers are dumping VX-Rs of all types for cheap. Patrols that were $550+ are $360.

Hopefully their reboot works out for them, but I think it'll be more of the same.
    Thunder Ranch has (or had I guess if the 1.25-4 is going away) a ruggedized version of the Patrol for sale. I think it has the same reticle but has the capped turrets and dial brightness control the scope should have had all along.

Fingers crossed for good news from SHOT...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Fingers crossed for good news from SHOT...
    It's Leupold, I wouldn't get your hopes up - they are bound to disappoint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It's Leupold, I wouldn't get your hopes up - they are bound to disappoint.
    Unfortunately...

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a couple new scopes are rolling out for SHOT.

Leupold's "replacement" for the VX-R Patrol 1.25-4 appears to be a XV Freedom 1.5-4 with capped turrets and a brightness control knob rather than a push button affair. I wonder what the reticle choices will be.

I haven't been able to google up any photos or price info but that stuff will likely all be available in a few days.

Feedback Score

Leupold Freedom RDS---Why Aren't You Guys Excited About This?

Looks like a couple new scopes are rolling out for SHOT.

Leupold's "replacement" for the VX-R Patrol 1.25-4 appears to be a XV Freedom 1.5-4 with capped turrets and a brightness control knob rather than a push button affair. I wonder what the reticle choices will be.

I haven't been able to google up any photos or price info but that stuff will likely all be available in a few days.

The Freedom took the place of the VX1 and VX2 last year. There is a new VX4 1-4x that should be higher quality than the Freedom series. The Freedom is a budget line. It’s in the leaked catalogs with specs for the VX4 1-4x, including reticles and photos of the optic.

ETA: there is also a VX-AR Freedom that is a lower end scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 01-19-20 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    The Freedom took the place of the VX1 and VX2 last year. There is a new VX4 1-4x that should be higher quality than the Freedom series. The Freedom is a budget line. It’s in the leaked catalogs with specs for the VX4 1-4x, including reticles and photos of the optic.

Nice.

Any chance you have a link to the leaked catalog?

Feedback Score
    Nice.

Any chance you have a link to the leaked catalog?

Found a screen grab

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Found a screen grab

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The service rifle scope has already been released.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020315679
    Clearly designed just to take advantage of some shooting game rules, though a "tactical" version of that reticle would interest me. A #4 combined with a ring or horseshoe and a couple of BDC or MIL hashes for range would be an improvement for loss of illumination.

Leupold still needs something above the Freedom and below the MK6.
    A true 1x4 that stays 12oz, with a rotary knob firedot, would be a compelling option for those of us not chasing 11.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast