Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Poll on MSNBC for guns on college campuses

Vote on this poll for guns on college campuses. link

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Voted

Feedback Score
    Voted, but didn't totally like the verbage of students and faculty responding to a situation. It's not their duty to come to aid of someone in an assault. That is the duty of LE. Do not confuse this with what I would do, just looking at it from a legal standpoint.

That said...still voted yes.

Rich

Feedback Score
    voted...
    “We don’t rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training.” Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC

CERTIFIED GLOCK ARMORER

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The questions in my opinion were deliberately misleading. They could have kept it simple like "Should students with a CCW be allowed to carry on campus for self protection?" The other option then being; "No, because their being armed may confuse law enforcment and confuse the situation."

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Voted.

Question posed was worded wrong and completlety missed the point.

I agree w/ post above.

Should students and faculty have the right to carry weapon legally on their person for self defense @ school if they are Licensed w/ that State's CCW to do so.

Feedback Score
    Voted.

(voted yes, in case you were wondering)
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No; allowing guns on campuses could confuse authorities in a real crisis.
    That is without a doubt the stupidest ****ing thing I've read all day. (And I've read ARFCOM GD today, so that means it's pretty stupid...did you know PMags have an expiration date on them?)

Virginia Tech ended up with 32 people dead. THIRTY TWO PEOPLE. All killed by ONE walking advertisement for abortion with a G19 in the few minutes before the cops could bust down the doors and stop him.

...and MSNBC's poll is worried about confusing the cops. It should be legal to take people who come up with that nonsense and horsewhip the stupid bastards until they learn to keep their mouth shut.

Yes, kiddies! Lets keep guns off campus so that when there's a nutcase loose in a building slaughtering people by the dozens the cops will know that the bad guy is the only one armed when they finally manage to respond to the 911 call! That's a SPLENDID idea! Look how well it worked in Virginia Tech! They had no trouble figuring out who the gunman was because the trail of helpless victims all the way to the location where the bastard ate his own gun! There was no confusion!

It's a good thing these stupid bastards didn't become doctors. If a patient came in with a knife in his chest they'd be worried about his athlete's foot.

And add to that rant this guy:

“It’s going to be very difficult in responding to an incident with an active shooter and try to decipher who are the good guys and who are the bad guys,” said Alan Gutierrez, chief of the campus police at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. “It’s already very challenging for law enforcement to respond to a situation like that.”
    Well boo-****ing-hoo.

Here's a tip, Mr. Gutierrez, it's a hell of a lot easier to respond to a call where a student, faculty member, or staffer punched the ticket of the active shooter than it is to respond to a call where you've got 32 dead and a bunch of wounded. In every situation where there HAS been an armed citizen around when an active shooter manifests, the shooting is done before the cops show up and the damage has been a hell of a lot less than 32 dead.

The plan for an active shooter is:

1. Find him as quickly as possible
    2. Shoot him in the face

Nobody is in a better position to do that than the PEOPLE HE IS SHOOTING AT WHILE YOU ARE STUCK IN TRAFFIC TRYING TO GET TO THE DAMNED SCENE. Active shooter scenarios are about minimizing the body count, and if you can't pull your head far enough out of your rectum to figure that little tidbit of info out, then turn in your badge and go sell insurance.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 11-18-08 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    Voted.

I would like to be able to carry on campus.

At night campuses have dark isolated areas that young students move through.

I caught a vagrant masturbating, out in the open, in the library.

A female friend was chased by a unknown man on her way to class one morning.

A female student stabbed her dorm-mate to death earlier this year.

The reasons could go on and on. I will be graduating in Dec and will not be faced with the issue much longer, but future students and staff should have the right to carry.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    voted. Were ahead but I suspect not for long, given the addy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast