Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Impressions: Beretta CX4 9mm carbine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got two of the extended baseplates from Meg-Gar, that transform their 18 round magazine into a 20-rounder. No spring change is necessary.

They fit easily in the DeSantis pouch. I do not know if the Beretta factory 20s, which are considerably longer, would fit. I shot an email to DeSantis and they said they'd look and see.

But the real advantage to these baseplates is not the extra 2 rounds, but the fact that the mag is no longer flush in the magwell. the stock-length mags actually sit a bit inside the magwell and I had a couple of failures to fully seat the first time I tried them at the range. Operator error, to be sure, but in a high stress (home invasion) situation, error could be fatal. So these let you slam a new mag home without fumble. Same reason I had a base pad on my spare mag when I carried 1911 for EDC.

Even with two twenties loaded with 124 grain, the carbine doesn't seem much heavier, because the weight is all at the buttstock.

Overall if you have a Cx4 carbine, the DeSantis pouch and a couple of Mec-Gar twenties are worth it. You can start with a 30 in the gun, and if for some reason the Gang of Five makes you run through that, you have 40 more on the buttstock. Ought to handle any urban situation.

Note to Merle re: trigger. I guess I got lucky, because mine breaks cleanly at 8 pounds, which is not too high for a defense carbine. Others tell me theirs are heavier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    My major gripes I have with mine is the mushy, heavy, plastic trigger and that there is only 1 option to replace it; the Sierra Pappa trigger. It probably isn't profittable enough for any of the big name trigger companies to design and produce a trigger for a gun that is no longer being sold to the public. Timney is about a 10 minute drive from my house. Maybe I should go over there and see if they would be interested.
    Yea the trigger on the guns is crap, even so though they are accurate.

I had one years ago and sold it. I regretted it and found one at a gun shop going out of business a few years ago and bought another. Mine doesn't get the love it should as I have mp5 sbrs and a machinegun sear to go with them. The mp5 shoots better being delayed blow back and a lot faster with the machine gun pack.

I actually need to get mine back from my brother. His wife loved one of my 92's and ended up buying one for herself. They borrowed it so he could work on rifle shots with her since it takes the same mags and ammo.

Only thing I've done to mine is have a navy 3 lug installed over the barrel so I can suppress it. Honestly need to take it out more, my old one was used to let a bunch of people get an intro to guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just got an email back from De Santis. They say they don't know whether the stock pouch will fit the factory 20 round magazine or not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Resurrecting this thread to answer an earlier question:

The DeSantis magazine pouch does indeed fit the Beretta factory 20s.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123