Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions: Beretta CX4 9mm carbine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the good info!

I've always wanted one but have never gotten around to it. Maybe that has been a mistake.

I see that DeSantis makes a stock mounted double mag pouch for it. That seems like it would be pretty nice. Especially with some Mec Gar 20's or 18's in the pouch.

TED
    Last edited by TED; 01-05-20 at 04:40. Reason: I can't spell, and it's embarassing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    Thanks for the good info!

I've always wanted one but have never gotten around to it. Maybe that has been a mistake.

I see that DeSantis makes a stock mounted double mag pouch for it. That seems like it would be pretty nice. Especially with some Mec Gar 20's or 18's in the pouch.

TED

I saw that. One's on the way. Along with two Mec-Gar 18.s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I saw that. One's on the way. Along with two Mec-Gar 18.s
    Obviously the 18's will fit as they are the same exterior dimensions as the 15.

However, if you happen to have one of the Mec Gar 20's could you let us know if it fits.

With the mag pouches on the stock it kind of gives me an M1 carbine alternative vibe.

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    Picked up a used one yesterday that takes 92 mags. Stopped by the range and ran 4 mags thru it. Perfect and sights are dead on. I’ve got 2 30 round mags and a red dot on the way. Fun gun and shoot and very light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can anybody recommend a good Laser for the CX4?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What's the use case? Night vision? Gas mask? Deterrence? Might be better in its own thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the Streamlight TLR with green laser mounted on the rail that pops out from the forend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The De Santis stock mounted magazine pouch arrived. It appears to be well made (USA) and fits the gun perfectly. Like almost everything on the Cx4, it is ambidextrous.

It holds two magazines. I have the 18 round Mec-Gars, which are flush fit in the gun, but there's about an inch of room in the straps with those. It would easily hold the 20 round Mec-Gar, which is not much longer than the 18. Whether or not it would hold the factory 20 I can't say. (why can't firearms companies publish specs like dimensions of magazines, and pouch manufacturers tell you what mags they will fit? )

But you have two 18 round reloads at hand. I'd recommend this pouch to anybody in the Cx4 for home or car defense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My father bought one of these over 10 years ago. Thanks for posting, I'll have to put some rounds through it next time I travel back there.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My major gripes I have with mine is the mushy, heavy, plastic trigger and that there is only 1 option to replace it; the Sierra Pappa trigger. It probably isn't profittable enough for any of the big name trigger companies to design and produce a trigger for a gun that is no longer being sold to the public. Timney is about a 10 minute drive from my house. Maybe I should go over there and see if they would be interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast