Thread: Seekins Havak Precision?

Feedback Score

Seekins Havak Precision?

I see Cabelas has them onsale with an awfully tempting price (1600 for 308/ 1650 6.5 Creedmore) in the magpul hunter stock. I figure just dump the stock and drop it in something else and it would be pretty gtg. How does it compare to Tikka or Bergera?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I recently purchased a Seekins Havak PH2 in 6.5PRC and absolutely love it! Here is the back story to this. Back in September I purchased a Bergara Premier Highlander in the same caliber. That rifle shot great at the range! While sighting it in and shooting steel afterwards I only chambered 1 round at a time. When i get home I try to fill the internal magazine and can barely get 2 rounds in the magazine. I try to cycle the bolt and the bolt rides over the top round. This happens multiple times. I end up sending the rifle back to Bergara and they supposedly fix the rifle. Customer Service with Bergara is unbelievable! Rifle was back to me in 2 weeks. However, it still had the same issues just not as frequently as before. So after coming back from a hunting trip I purchase the Seekins Havak and come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to sell the Bergara and take the loss. Well I sent the CS rep an email explaining the situation and that I'm selling the rifle. This is where I'm absolutely floored. He emails me back this morning and states that Bergara is going to refund me my money and buy the rifle back from me. This is absolutely unheard of that I can see. Bergara is a stand up company. I may have gotten a lemon and they are taking care of it for me!

As far as the Seekins Havak is concerned I can easily keep .625" to .5" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with this. I can also boringly ring steel out to 750 yards. I really want to go farther but I don't have a range close enough to me to do so. It's a fantastic rifle and I'm thoroughly pleased with it.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad that Bergera is taking care of you. As for the Havok, did you buy a barreled action or a complete rifle? I see the rifle for 1900 in I think a KRG stock.

Feedback Score
    Got some pics of that PH2? How did you set it up? That is one rifle that really intrigues me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It is the complete rifle. I got it on sale from Seekins at $1750. I don't have pics but It is set up with a Leupold VX6HD 3-18-50. The scope is mounted with Talley rings. The only thing I don't really like about the rifle is that the barrel is so shiny. I'm going to have it cerakoted and have not decided if I'm going to do the whole rifle or just the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    It is the complete rifle. I got it on sale from Seekins at $1750. I don't have pics but It is set up with a Leupold VX6HD 3-18-50. The scope is mounted with Talley rings. The only thing I don't really like about the rifle is that the barrel is so shiny. I'm going to have it cerakoted and have not decided if I'm going to do the whole rifle or just the barrel.
    Nice! I saw that Seekins is now offering that service with direct orders. Definitely agree on the shine (at least from the pics).
    Are you dialing the Leupold? Those VX6s sure are nice glass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    Nice! I saw that Seekins is now offering that service with direct orders. Definitely agree on the shine (at least from the pics).
    Are you dialing the Leupold? Those VX6s sure are nice glass.
    Wow, those ph2's look good. May have to go that direction instead!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How long has Seekins been in the long gun game? Glad to hear Bergara is hooking you up. That is very rare.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    How long has Seekins been in the long gun game? Glad to hear Bergara is hooking you up. That is very rare.

PB
    I wouldn't think any of the big name companies would even think about doing that. It would be nothing but back and forth to them for "warranty work"!

I'm not sure how long they have been in the long gun game. I believe their first bolt gun was the Havak PH1. I've seen it in hunting shows for a couple of years now. the PH2 just came out within the last 12 months at most and they just introduced the Havak Element within the last 4-5 months at most. The Element is targeting those that are looking for a lightweight rifle. It's advertised weight is 5.5lbs. The PH2 is at 6.9lbs. Thats about perfection in my book.