Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a step up from my old Rothco PC? Also, what soft armor for the old Rothco PC?

Feedback Score
    I have the Scarab LT and it's awesome. It's not a cheap carrier I think mine was about $320 when I bought it but the comfort is well worth the price when it's something you're running all day.

If you want something to just put into a closet in case of the boogaloo, I have heard good things about the HRT HRAC.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

What is a step up from my old Rothco PC? Also, what soft armor for the old Rothco PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    How much did you yours for, what's the target price? Ill rock my Rothco for now.

I don't want the back zipper, I'd rather be able to wear a backpack and be able to drop it.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    Sorry, I missed this. Mine was more because I had custom options done to it - mostly just removing the kangaroo pocket and replacing the front bottom half with a loop velcro field. IME, the zippers don’t get in the way at all so they wouldn’t prevent you from wearing a pack, just allow you to use one of their zip on backers if you choose to.

Ugly pictures but I have it out to swap my plates:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-04-20 at 20:46.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I went with the OPT Mayflower MBAV for $224, a $25 discount. I look at the shoulder straps and shape of the shoulder cuts and neck. This one seemed too square but the options for a molle placard and Velcro and swift clip option were the selling points.

What does anyone think of the shape and options for this PC?

Last edited by Rrotz; 01-06-20 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I went with the OPT Mayflower MBAV for $224, a $25 discount. I look at the shoulder straps and shape of the shoulder cuts and neck. This one seemed too square but the options for a molle placard and Velcro and swift clip option were the selling points.

What does anyone think of the shape and options for this PC?

That was my first aftermarket PC. I still have it and like it a lot, the only reason I upgraded to the Scarab was for the zippers. I think you'll like it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That was my first aftermarket PC. I still have it and like it a lot, the only reason I upgraded to the Scarab was for the zippers. I think you'll like it.
    Should I get with the times and get the Crye JPC? I live in Hawaii and Texas, so I do have to deal with hot weather.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Should I get with the times and get the Crye JPC? I live in Hawaii and Texas, so I do have to deal with hot weather.

Hard to say there. If you already have the APC, it may be diminishing returns to buy a JPC but I’ve never used one. I was in Hawaii when I bought both my APC and Scarab and they were still better than what was issued. I think the Velocity stuff is better suited to carry a heavier load, but that’s based on perception alone. All that being said, Crye just released a new model that’s a lightweight combo of the JPC and AVS - the SPC. If I was considering anything over the Velocity stuff, it’d be that.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Hard to say there. If you already have the APC, it may be diminishing returns to buy a JPC but I’ve never used one. I was in Hawaii when I bought both my APC and Scarab and they were still better than what was issued. I think the Velocity stuff is better suited to carry a heavier load, but that’s based on perception alone. All that being said, Crye just released a new model that’s a lightweight combo of the JPC and AVS - the SPC. If I was considering anything over the Velocity stuff, it’d be that.

This APC would be for range, competition and home defense use so, I'm not planning to overload it. How are the shoulder straps? I tried on the OPT Mayflower and it was pretty comfortable. The Crye JPC looks like the shoulder strap material is thin, and look easy to shoulder a rifle.

I have one GGG minimalist PC with steel plates as an expedient home defense PC. I may plan to put soft armor in a full size PC....or save for ceramic plates. I can imagine the Crye being 30lbs+ for this old, out of shape man. But I can do something about my condition.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

What is a step up from my old Rothco PC? Also, what soft armor for the old Rothco PC?

My .02 wearing armor sucks miserably even if it it’s quality kit and plates so I’d definitely be leaning towards the JPC. Add mags and a TQ somewhere and call it a day.

I have a 2.0 but imo the added functionality is irrelevant. You could probably find a 1.0 for pretty cheap.

Maybe look at the SPC too

https://www.optactical.com/crpraispc.html

If you’re running plates I wouldn’t bother with soft armor.

Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-08-20 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Unless you are getting paid to get shot at you really don’t need a PC. I’m still on my old Eagle I have had for....freaking ever.

I’m happy with a chest rig. Actually a utility belt or “war belt”. Radio, mags, holster.

The only thing Rothco I would buy is their neon camo T shirts for going to raves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12