Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The CZ-75

Feedback Score

The CZ-75

For anyone who's fired this gun in it's original steel-frame configuration, how was the overall accuracy and reliability?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Let me predict the long list of creative responses you will get in this pistol forum:

* Go buy a Glock.

Now with that out of the way.....

I've owned and shot a stable of CZ's including 75's, 85's, SP01's, 22's, all without fail were extremely accurate. There were only 2 things I didn't like about them: they were too heavy/large to be practical for carry, and they were not consistently reliable (frequent breakage under high use of small parts, such as trigger return springs). It's possible that the recent 75's are more reliable, I haven't run those and don't know.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The CZ-75 trigger in double action is so long as to be unusable for me. YMMV of course.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    In stock form, the 75 sights are quite poor - note that it had fixed front sight. The DA trigger is usually very nice with plenty short enough reset to SA, and it smoothed out with use, but then again it had no firing pin block either (known as the “pre-B”, think of pre series-80 Colts). A well worn 75 trigger contributed to its accuracy, along with the Browning-esque short recoil, tilt barrel with radial locking lugs. They are known to collectors and shooters as being among the most accurate commercial production pistols. They could be carried in double action, or single action “cocked and locked” which is still a neat and unusual feature to this day. It was reliable, failures being mostly on pistols being run hard, wear parts such as trigger springs and slide stops breakages. If there’s anything else you would like to know, I can try to answer any questions you might have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Stay on top of slide stop and trigger return springs and they're as reliable as a handgun can be.

For me?

Trigger reach too long to use the DA, thumb safety too far away to use as a SA.

It's the only handgun I've ever tried that was just not workable for me. I've carried Beretta, Sig, even Glock 21s with no trouble. Fingers just aren't long enough for a CZ.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    The CZ-75 trigger in double action is so long as to be unusable for me. YMMV of course.
    Agree with that--the first DA pull is heavy on the factory pistols. But there are a couple ways to work around that.

1. You can get a single-action conversions on certain CZ pistols from places like CZ Custom and Cajun gun works. Then your CZ will run like a 1911. For example, this guy: https://cajungunworks.com/product/91...manual-safety/. ETA now, you can also install a conversion SA trigger yourself, like this one: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/cz...-black-al.html.
    2. You can get your DA trigger worked over by the same places, in fact, they'll sell you a pistol that's had basic trigger work for not much more than the factory pistol. This is what I'd do if buying one today, probably CGW.
    Last edited by maximus83; 12-28-19 at 13:39.

Feedback Score
    Good information to know. Didn't realize that springs were a weak point on these.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had one. Liked it. It’s Rally Vincent’s gun but it’s a toy. It’s essentially a BHP with extra steps.

Were I to get another CZ anything it would be a P10. Had a P09 but nah. I like my Glock better.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    For anyone who's fired this gun in it's original steel-frame configuration, how was the overall accuracy and reliability?
    Accuracy was/is better than average (CZ75) “service sidearm”- 2” at 25 yds.
    Reliability; completely.

Second Cajun (Scott) for all things CZ.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Regarding the DA trigger pull, I think y’all are missing an important point. While the CZ75 is technically a DA pistol, it is for all practical purposes a SA pistol. In order to have a cartridge in the chamber and the pistol in DA mode, you have to load a cartridge and then decock it by manually thumbing down the hammer while pulling the trigger. Since the manual safety can’t be engaged in DA mode, I really don’t see a purpose in doing that as SA with the safety engaged is plenty safe. I certainly don’t see how someone could argue that DA without the safety engaged is safer. For all practical purposes, the CZ75 is a SA pistol with the ability to be shot in DA mode if a cartridge fails to fire. If you do want a DA first shot, CZ makes a BD version that decocks to DA mode, but it does not operate as a manual safety.

Regarding accuracy, I find them more accurate than most pistols. Based on my collection of CZ75’s and Beretta’s, I can tell you for sure that they are more accurate than Beretta’s.

CZ75’s are too large, heavy and wide to carry concealed. If you want to carry a CZ75 pattern pistol, I’d suggest a Canik C100. It has a shorter grip, slide and a thinner aluminum frame.

Last edited by Bret; 12-28-19 at 20:57.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast