Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CZ P01 :) Trigger slap :(

Feedback Score

New CZ P01 :) Trigger slap :(

Took out my new CZ P01 9mm and put 268 rounds through it.

No stoppages. CCI Lawman, Fiocchi, Remington 115 jhp, 124 gr Gold Dot, 124 +P Golden Saber, 147 gr Win. Ranger JHP Bonded.

Accurate and reliable so far. I'll need to clean and inspect it, take it for another 250 rounds, clean and inspect it again, and then I'll see about a holster for carry.

But the only problem was the TRIGGER SLAP! I felt it immediately and over 250 rounds later I have a nice blister on my finger. If I wanted blisters from firing a pistol I could have just brought my Glock.

It's a shame because otherwise I have NO problem with the trigger. It feels good even though it's brand new.

I did put some oil in the gun before I took out the first time.

So, what can I do about the trigger slap?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'm not sure I follow your terminology.

Trigger slap is usually used to describe the tendency of the shooter's finger to come off the trigger during the reset stage and then "slap" the trigger to engage it to fire, therefore resulted in the low left point of impact.

Trigger "bite" is when the trigger finger gets pinched, "bite", blister during repeated engagement during a long shooting session.

How about this trigger, they advertised that it helps with the trigger bite:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/85c/

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Different deal Sam. OP refers to the trigger slapping your trigger finger on reset.
    I’ve experienced it with a CZ75.

It comes from inadequate clearance between the hammer, disconnector and trigger.
    It's possible that the force of the resetting hammer is transferred to the trigger by the disconnector, causing the trigger to jump forward.

I’d contact CZ and see if they’ll address this under warranty, or send it to Cajun Gunworks.
    Call and speak with Scott.

I’ll add it doesn’t help a guys focus any. After 20/30 rds of that abuse you’re lucky to hit your target.
    Last edited by gaijin; 04-21-20 at 15:51.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Trigger slap is usually used to describe the tendency of the shooter's finger to come off the trigger during the reset stage and then "slap" the trigger to engage it to fire, therefore resulted in the low left point of impact.

Trigger "bite" is when the trigger finger gets pinched, "bite", blister during repeated engagement during a long shooting session.

I think he means how when AKs have trigger slap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I think he means how when AKs have trigger slap.
    Yup.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yup.
    Have never felt or seen it on any firearm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Different deal Sam. OP refers to the trigger slapping your trigger finger on reset.
    I’ve experienced it with a CZ75.

It comes from inadequate clearance between the hammer, disconnector and trigger.
    It's possible that the force of the resetting hammer is transferred to the trigger by the disconnector, causing the trigger to jump forward.

I’d contact CZ and see if they’ll address this under warranty, or send it to Cajun Gunworks.
    Call and speak with Scott.

I’ll add it doesn’t help a guys focus any. After 20/30 rds of that abuse you’re lucky to hit your target.
    Any chance it could go away with use?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Took out my new CZ P01 9mm and put 268 rounds through it.

No stoppages. CCI Lawman, Fiocchi, Remington 115 jhp, 124 gr Gold Dot, 124 +P Golden Saber, 147 gr Win. Ranger JHP Bonded.

Accurate and reliable so far. I'll need to clean and inspect it, take it for another 250 rounds, clean and inspect it again, and then I'll see about a holster for carry.

But the only problem was the TRIGGER SLAP! I felt it immediately and over 250 rounds later I have a nice blister on my finger. If I wanted blisters from firing a pistol I could have just brought my Glock.

It's a shame because otherwise I have NO problem with the trigger. It feels good even though it's brand new.

I did put some oil in the gun before I took out the first time.

So, what can I do about the trigger slap?
    I know exactly what you are talking about. The easiest solution is to swap the trigger with the CZ85 Combat. It's a little thicker. I have many CZs, the P01 is one of my favorites.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I doubt it - gaijin sounds like he knows his stuff, and its likely a clearance issue in the FCG. Try it some more, and if it persists CZ USA will fix. They are pretty good. One problem I have with the standard P01 and SP 01 trigger is the shape - too curved for my fat fingers - they DO irritate you when shooting a bunch. This can be fixed with a new trigger - BUT on a standard P01 this is not trivial.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

This is why I don't own CZ or KAHR's or GLOCK OEM triggers, finger BITE. HK too. The small burve of the trigger and my finger connects with the trigger guard
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast