Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The CZ-75

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I carried my steel frame P01 for a while and it concealed well, but it was a little too wide for my liking. That said, it's a real blast to shoot and drives tacks, I love it. She was a range rental before I bought her, changed the springs, and had her NP3'd by Robar when they were still around.

czGripLeft.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Including levers in gun width measurements is just dumb. Grip slide and frame width matters. The P01 only adds width to the frame rails and not the grip.

Feedback Score
    I’m really trying to break away from
    Glock and snag a CZ. They are so nice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've owned several CZ's, I still have my original pre-b 75 made in '91. Converted to SAO by Angus Hobdell before he went big. I don't know how many rounds went through it before I got it but based on my bullet orders it has about 10,000 rounds down the pipe. Maybe more but I wasn't good about tracking shots fired back then. It's accurate with good ammo and it's been faultlessly reliable over the years. It did falter early on but when I disassembled the extractor I found it so caked with dirt it looked like part of the extractor itself. Zero broken parts, including the original slide stop but I did wear out a sear. My advice with 75's :
    1) replace the recoil springs regularly
    2) watch the extractor for dirt build up
    3) have a spare slide stop [never used mine].
    4) I run mine wet
    5) don't modify it to much. When I played with springs I got malfunctions.

For what it's worth.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A couple more comments.

Almost every reliability problem I've ever seen with them (or heard) was about the extractor spring. Either cleaning it out, or replacing the spring with a Wolf + extractor spring is the ticket for 99% of problems which are rare as hen's teeth.

A little Canik praise as well. I have a C100 and really like this little gun. With a polish job and a small spring change and a 85 trigger, this thing has the shortest and smoothest DA pull ever. It is light. It is fairly slim, and a great and reliable carry piece. Nice clone and yes, I think the Turkish government is a mess.

Feedback Score
    I got my first modern CZ recently, a P01, made in 2020 if I read the markings correctly. It came with Mec-gar 15 rnd magazines (marked 9mm one side, .40 the other, with witness holes on both sides) in the box. (Branded Cz of course)

Got it because I love the grip shape and it operates very similar to the Beretta Cheetah 81FS I normally carry. (DA/SA, hammer fires from a partially-cocked position)

The last pistol I took out and immediately started shooting well like this one was a S&W M&P 2.0 .45.

I'm not sure how much I will carry it because this alloy-framed P01 is bigger and heavier than the Cheetah but it is "my 9mm" of choice already. Very accurate and reliable so far. (about 550 rds fired)

The weight on my scale is was 35 oz loaded with 16 rds. (124 gr) My Glock 19 gen 3 was 31 oz and the Cheetah is 28 oz.

I removed about 1.5 mm from the trigger tip of the "recurve" trigger because it bit and gave me quite a blister first time out. Otherwise the trigger pull itself is fine and I expect it to get better. The sight's are fine, too. Whited out the front and I shoot well with them as-is. With 115 gr ammo I have to cover the target with the front sight and that's fine. Just different from the Beretta as it needs a very low 6-o'clock hold.

I may replace the grips because the rubber panels grab clothing. I'm not sure if I want the factory "swell" shape or "flat" ones though.

I have a holster for it but I need to re-set the cant. (It was set up for behind the hip and I've moved back to appendix)

When should I replace the recoil spring? Or any other springs / parts for durability?
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-27-20 at 23:28.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456