Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The CZ-75

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a 85 for a short time. Accuracy and reliability was good with only wolf ammo. Trigger was light but long (pre owned). Disliked the narrow and slide. Eventually traded it for something else.

Have a P07. Smooth DA, light SA. A steady diet of Russian ammo. Works without any cleaning. Wouldn't hesitate to use or carry it as a lefty still not a fan of the narrow slide without full ambi controls
    Last edited by Arik; 12-28-19 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Its a good gun. Accurate for sure. Heavy? Absolutely.

Don't understand the people complaining about the trigger reach or safety though...you must have some really short fingers. And like another posted already stated - you should be carrying and operating this pistol like a 1911 - single action cocked & locked.

I actually did CCW this gun for a short while way back when until I realized heavy guns aren't great for concealed carry during the summer when wearing shorts. Almost sold it a few times but for some reason couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Now its my permanent garage gun, hidden under a shelf via magnet. So basically, I wouldn't recommend it for carry but it does make a great stash piece (of which I'm a firm believer of having many hidden throughout your domain). Just my 2 cents anyway.

Feedback Score
    Looks like CZ has their third run (?) of "Cold War Commemorative" edition on the market. Interesting markings, but maybe just a re-do of a 1970's CZ75 markings would have been fine?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Carried one off and on for 20 years. First, as stated, it's a single action pistol. The DA to me just gives you second strike capability. They are more accurate than most service pistols. Reliability is excellent, they require spring changes as noted and slide stops are a weak point....

I carried 5" 1911s and Glock 34s, real guns for decade or so....the CZ is no more difficult to carry than any other service pistol.
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-28-19 at 20:08.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I have a long time love affair with Hi Powers, like the CZ 75 they are heavy. I carried one today for old times sake.

It was heavy, it is back in the safe and the CZ P07 is back to being my go to pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Looks like CZ has their third run (?) of "Cold War Commemorative" edition on the market. Interesting markings, but maybe just a re-do of a 1970's CZ75 markings would have been fine?

The markings are all in Russian, not Czech

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I just checked and I have 15 CZ75's, some being compacts or semicompacts. I find the Cold War Commemorative unworthy for a couple of reasons. First, it's not really a remake of something that existed. The hammer and slide stop are the same as existed before the B version, but the frame and slide are the current version. If I was going to buy one, I would want it to be retro in all respects. I also find the hammer & sickle and commie star to be distasteful. Imagine the outrage if H&K issued WWII commemorative with a swastika on it. The communists have murdered three times as many people as the nazis, yet the communist symbols are not looked at in the same manner. I'm a CZ75 whore, but that's one gun that won't be in my collection.

Feedback Score
    I used to have a bunch of Mosin-Nagant M91/30's in my collection, Some of them had the Tula star marking on the receiver and had 1930's manufacture dates, which put them in the date range of Stalin's purges and reign of terror in the USSR. To me they were an interesting piece of history that told a story, markings notwithstanding. To each his own, I suppose.

Feedback Score
    Slater, I also have a bunch of old Nazi and commie firearms. They are pieces of history and interesting designs in their own right. I don't at all think that having them means that one commemorates what the Nazis or commies did. I'm just perplexed that CZ would want to commemorate the Soviet Union. If they wanted to commemorate the firearms designs and their history, I could fully understand that. I just can't see putting those symbols of evil on new guns. Like I said, putting a Nazi symbol on a new gun wouldn't be tolerated at all. I can't see why putting communist symbols on new guns isn't looked at in the same manner.

Feedback Score
    I think it's just marketing on CZ's part. They probably figure that, to most Americans, the hammer and sickle design screams "Cold War". Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some folks thought that those were actual issue markings.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast