Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The CZ-75

Feedback Score
    I think you're exactly right. I don't think that CZ is playing homage to the communists and of course I don't think American buyers are either. It just seems odd to me that it would be viewed much differently if it was a swastika.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Looks like CZ has their third run (?) of "Cold War Commemorative" edition on the market. Interesting markings, but maybe just a re-do of a 1970's CZ75 markings would have been fine?

Goofy as all hell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The not being able to carry concealed seems to be a body type or not finding the right holster.

B models have replaceable sights, their ergonomic grips require large hands, and DA trigger requires even larger hands.

Otherwise, ergonomics are great. SA trigger and safety seemed fine to my average hands, reloads were fast and intuitive, accuracy was good, and reliability (I did not have parts breakages as others mentioned) was perfect with mine. Surprised me that it would feed empties hand ****ed out of the magazine.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a very old CZ75BD Police.

I wouldn't carry a CZ hammer gun, but that's just me. I've read (never seen..) a lot about people trigger return springs breaking. That's a hard down.

I do really like my 75 that I do have though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Trigger return springs break in everything that has one, even,,,, Gasp... Glock!

Change 'em regularly.

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Go with a compact P-01, get the Omega trigger, and send it to Cajun Gun Works. Have them do a trigger job and crown the barrell, and you will have a great carry gun. Or, if you dont want to put the money and time into it, buy something soul-less like a glock 19.

CGW does good work, this has a 6lb DA and 2lb SA. It is a nice carry gun.
    IMG_5670.jpg

IMG_5669.jpg
    Last edited by arbninftry; 12-30-19 at 14:29. Reason: Auto correct kills me sometimes Thanks @Yoni

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    sole-less like a glock 19.

IMG_5669.jpg
    Your correct in your thought if not spelling. Glocks have no soul. Hi Powers have soul, CZ has soul.

But a P07 is the answer to a soul less Glock 19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    Go with a compact P-01
    It's definitely a good gun, but it's very wide and thick at the muzzle end. I do think the Canik C100 is better suited to concealed carry due to being thinner and less bulky at the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Back to the OP:

- Yes they are tremendously reliable and very accurate.
    - They have flaws like most guns.
    - They have good ergonomics and they shoot very easily in the hand - easy to bring onto the target and easy to follow up and that has made them popular for competition.
    - They are pretty versatile, as I find the safety fairly easy to use and they are easy to manually decock even if you don't have a decocker. Their decocker models tend to have gritty heavy triggers, but can be made amazingly smooth.

Yes, the TRS is a design flaw, but I don't think it is a show stopper. A good TRS should last about 5000 rounds - you can shorten that considerably by continuous rapid dry fire. IF you have a non decocker or Omega model, these are easy to replace.

The slide in frame design provides an advantage over the normal hammer fired gun to make the gun seem to shoot flatter. The barrel to slide fit is good making them accurate.

In allow form the P01 is a reliable, portable, carry-able option with all of the above.

CGW makes a ton of ways to upgrade the trigger and other items.

Feedback Score
    The classic CZ 75 grip shape expecially under the tang allows you to close your hand more like a fist which tranferes to a tighter grip. I really like mine. I think the 07 and 09 got away from one of CZ's best features as their grip shape is not as good as the 75.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast