Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The CZ-75

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you have shot the P07 and still don't like the grip, then so be it. No, the P series grips don't feel as good in the gun shop as the 75 - especially with the beavertail (P01, SP01, SA, etc.), but MAN the P series grips "doth shoot". The P series is faithful in carrying out the 75 design into a modern polymer gun. They are superb shooters.

The P07 grip seems to just plain LOCK into the hand because of the little lip on the mag base and especially if you aggressively stipple the rear backstrap. This, with the flat trigger works better in shooting than the 75 by a tad for me.
    Last edited by m4brian; 12-30-19 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only way I'd buy the classic CZ is to have a classic CZ. Maybe part of a Wonder 9 collection! Otherwise they're too narrow for a duty size gun. While they may put your grip in a fist like position there's too much left/right space inside the hand. At least the P07/09 gives that large grip panel to fill in the space in hand
    Last edited by Arik; 12-30-19 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Actually the classic CZ can take grip panels that makes it thicker than the P series guns. In fact my P series gun measures 1.147 and is not going to change. My preB measures 1.236 with THIN VZ style grips. You can make that a good deal wider with palm swell grips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    This, with the flat trigger works better in shooting than the 75 by a tad for me.
    Who does a flat trigger for P0/09?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not GG flat - just a heck of a lot flatter than an SP01

Feedback Score
    Reliability, check.
    Accuracy, check.
    Heavy for EDC given the options today.
    My favorite gun I no longer own, but been thinking the alloy P01 or P07 would be nice for appendix carry over my Glocks. I'd like to feel a hammer whilst reholstering if I go that route.

Feedback Score
    Shoot and love the platform. Something about the whole steel and wood thing.

Feedback Score
    "CZ75’s are too large, heavy and wide to carry concealed. If you want to carry a CZ75 pattern pistol, I’d suggest a Canik C100. It has a shorter grip, slide and a thinner aluminum frame."

The CZ 75 PCR is the gun the Canik C100 cloned and I have both, I would buy the "PCR" over the C100 (although that's not due to lack of quality of the C100, I prefer to have a "decocker" for the PCR rather than a cocked and locked option).

The full size CZ 75's remind me of the weight/size involved in carrying a full-size 1911 (which I carried "on-duty" for over 20 years prior to mandated plastic gun carry). The CZ do have a somewhat long reach to the DA trigger for my hands however as stated, these can be adjusted with a few enhancements and trigger springs. I sold my "full size CZ 75's but I'll never part with my "PCR", it"s one of my all time favorites and a great "carry gun."

The P 09 is a little large for anything other than a duty gun or range gun, but the P07 is also a great gun and almost the exact size of a Glock 19, with better ergonomics and trigger (for a DA/SA advocate).
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    I carried a CZ75 for years until I switched over to RMR equipped handguns. Damn my eyes for getting old. It seems the front and rear sight started blending into one blurry blob!

Great handgun. Very accurate. Shooting at 100 yard targets seemed like cheating.

27D7B9B0-4157-41FE-BAA7-DB4FE75EC35B.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Henny; 02-16-20 at 18:16. Reason: Picture triple tap

Feedback Score
    I carried my P09 concealed for a time before I got a P07. The only reason I like the P07 more is it fits my hand a little better. But I can conceal both of them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast