Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The CZ-75

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a 75B that was imported by Magnum Research with 2 - ten round magazines. Right after I bought it used, CZ USA had a timely sale on 16 round mags and I got 6 of them.

Mine was unreliable until I removed and cleaned the extractor; it runs like a top now. It shoots soft and fits my hands perfectly, but is huge and heavy to carry compared to a G19.

I lusted after one for years, but my interest in the platform waned after I owned it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    The P07 is almost identical in size/capacity to the G19, with much better ergonomic's (for me). The P07 is more accurate and instinctive to shoot (for me) than any pistol other than a 1911 Commander. It has a very similar grip angle as the 1911 with just a little more width (double stack mag's). Once I made a few changes to the trigger return spring along with other internal enhancements (from CGW's, drop-in's), it shoots like a dream. However, the CZ 75b PCR is the most comfortable, pleasurable pistol I've ever shot other than a Commander, 1911. It's light alloy frame makes it very comfortable to carry, along with the thin profile of the slide. I personally prefer a DA/SA pistol like the "PCR" if not carrying a SA 1911.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by popo22 View Post
    It's light alloy frame makes it very comfortable to carry, along with the thin profile of the slide.
    I love my CZ's, but I'll have to make a counter point here. The inverted frame rail that allows for the thin slide profile also causes the frame to be wider than it otherwise would be. Aluminum alloy framed CZ compacts are very wide for their size. In my opinion, that's not good for concealed carry. Canik makes virtually identical aluminum framed compacts that don't have the extra width.

Feedback Score
    I just looked at both my P07 which I think is thicker than a CZ75, and my Browning Hi Power which is the King of thin.

My CZ is a lot thicker, but not to the point of effecting concealed carry.

My guess is my P07, is close to the thickness of a 1911. I don't have a 1911 to compare it to right now, so it is just a guess.

When it comes to pistols in the American market 2 things just crack me up. Caliber, which is best. Even I fall into the stupidity from time to time. Then the second one is concealed carry, people worry way to much about it. I have carried full sized pistols for decades and never was made. I carried concealed in places where if made, death would have been the result.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I love my CZ's, but I'll have to make a counter point here. The inverted frame rail that allows for the thin slide profile also causes the frame to be wider than it otherwise would be. Aluminum alloy framed CZ compacts are very wide for their size. In my opinion, that's not good for concealed carry. Canik makes virtually identical aluminum framed compacts that don't have the extra width.
    But is it wider than the typical slide over frame? I tried looking up dimensions but they all include the safety/decocker. Couldn't find anything for just the slide/frame. With the left side frame mounted decocker CZ75 is listed as 1.28. with ambidextrous controls it's listed as 1.42 meanwhile Glock lists their 19 slide width as 1.0. So I'm guessing that without the controls the width is going to be about 1.0

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of aluminum framed CZ75 Compacts along with the steel framed version and a Canik Compact. I can measure them when I get home if you'd like.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have a couple of aluminum framed CZ75 Compacts along with the steel framed version and a Canik Compact. I can measure them when I get home if you'd like.
    Sure! I'm not much of a CZ guy but it would be interesting to know. From my very limited research I found that, if you take away the various levers and just measure the slides/frames, most guns are very close in size. At least when it comes to IWB carry. Just their shapes make them look thinner/wider

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are referring to the original "Pre B" CZ75, then they have the smoothest trigger of them all and are very accurate. The CZ75 and Browning HP were the go to pistols in competition for a long time.

Feedback Score
    The width of a steel framed CZ75 Compact is 1.001". The width of an aluminum framed CZ75 Compact is 1.099". So the aluminum frame is about 10% wider than the steel frame. The weight difference feels substantial.

I don't find the weight savings worth the added width. The Canik C100 has both without having to sacrifice either.

Feedback Score
    IMHO both the CZ 75 PCR and the Canik C100 are absolutely great carry guns. I favor the "PCR" because I prefer a "de-cocker" as opposed to a "SA" cocked & locked. Both are accurate and reliable (after performing a few modification from CGW's). The P07 is also a wonderful pistol ( it shoots better than my PCR for me) but it still "feels" larger in the area of the "slide", but if you like the grip angle of a 1911, you will like the P07.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast