Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilson, 47D or EPM?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^ The HDs have a stronger spring.

Polymer bases are generally fine. If you're rough on reloads, want the mags to drop faster, the steel are better. They're slimmer, but not shorter, so use with a magwell/concealment are the same.

Mags are consumables, I wouldn't spend extra for a color. The paint isn't as slick as bare stainless and I don't think they're as reliable due to my experience with 'em..

Feedback Score
    I have 10 of the Wilson vickers mags. Been running them since 16. Same springs still in them. Never had a problem with them and I run them 8+1. They feed great, smooth to load and easy to clean. I’ve ditched all other mags for them. They’re pricey, but anything of quality is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    What's the difference between the 500C-HD and the regular 500's? EDIT: Looks like I found my own answer. Difference looks to be the base plate...

I still wonder...

Is polymer or steel base better? Is there any difference between black or silver, or are those things personal preference?
    500C vs. 500C-HD...
    The 500C-HD has the flat-wire spring.

Steel vs. plastic base pad...
    I like the steel base pad better because it has the same feel in my hand during reloads as the original base pad seen on the 47 & 47D.

Feedback Score
    I have two ETM Magazines on me right now. One a a spare and the other in my Commander. I don't think the extra length really makes a difference in most of the clothes I wear.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll add my 2 cents.. I have a .38 super auto and one 47d, three ETMS. The 47 is a 9 round mag and works just fine. Compared to the ETMs the spring is weaker and the mag body a little shorter. The older ETMs in .38 super had a plastic follower the new ones a metal follower. Wilson used to make a 10 round conversion for the 47 that I installed in mine. It comes with a metal follower. So far it has worked but I only use it has a range mag.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123