Thread: Is it worth dumping a Grayboe to go to a Manners?

Feedback Score

Is it worth dumping a Grayboe to go to a Manners?

Currently have a Grayboe Ridgeback, Its a great stock but I keep seeing the Manners T5 on sale. The ridgeback and the manners were roughly the same price. I really liked thet manners stock when I played with one a few years ago. When I bought the Grayboe I couldn't find the T5 anywhere.... Would I be gaining anything? Both stocks are comfortable for me and the Grayboe as it sits makes me fairly happy though I really kinda despise the front end. The mlock hasn't been as cool as I thought it would be. I have not found a use for the 3 and 9 oclock rails except for mounting a sling.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't owned a Grayboe to compare it to, so I cannot help with the comparison. I HAVE owned two Manners, most recently the T2A which was on a R700 rifle I sold off. The Manners are hands down the best synthetic stocks I've ever run. So thoughtfully designed, great features that just make sense, comfortable to shoot, ruggedly constructed, and increased the accuracy of each rifle I added one to. This site takes a data driven approach to figuring out what equipment the top PRS/NRL rifle competitors use. You'll see on the linked page that for stocks, Manners are very high in the most recent rankings. And I track this site, the Manners has been right up there for a long time. You'll be g2g with a Manners, no question.

But....is it worth flipping your Grayboe--which you said you are mostly happy with--for a Manners? I've heard *mostly* good things about Grayboe stocks, they sound pretty dialed in. And if you're happy with yours, and not having issues with accuracy and it's not limiting your shooting in any way, I don't know if it'd be worth the cost and hassle of flipping it.

On the other hand...if you're not tight on disposable income, and are just looking to optimize your rifle to the utmost, then yeah, if it were me in that situation, I'd go for the Manners upgrade. It may not be a HUGE upgrade over the Grayboe, not a "night and day" improvement, but many smaller improvements in your gear (better optic, trigger, stock, loads), combined with training and improvement in your shooting form, can add up to a LOT better results.

Good luck, post pics if you get the Manners. They have some cool new coatings available, btw!

Feedback Score
    The other thought I have is to change the front end. The gun shoot really well as is, and the stock has held up pretty well, but that forend.... I may drop it in a few sale pages and see if I can dump it. If not, I may reshape the foreend. Give it more of a H&S forend.