Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 Glock 19 RMR slides

Feedback Score

Gen5 Glock 19 RMR slides

So, there is this thing about the RMR market that doesn't make a ton of sense to me. First, a stripped slide is $269 from Brownells. This isn't cheap, but it is manageable. Then, you send the slide off to L&M for $145. Total: $414 plus some shipping.

Looking around online, it is strangely difficult to find a Gen5 Glock slide that is cut for an RMR. Well, there's Zev. But that's basically just a Glock STD. All of the options look like they are trying to audition for a shitty knock off of Cowboy Beebop or Bladerunner, but **** the aesthetic by trying way, way, waaaaaaay too hard.

What I need: a slide that is cut for an RMR. That's it. No ports. No lightening cuts. No bullshit. Just a cut for an RMR.

Am I missing something here? How is it that no one can seem to deliver a milled G5.19 slide (especially one that doesn't look like something out of a shitty YA Sci-Fi novel) for less than buying the parts myself and shipping everything across the country?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    We’ve talked about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    ATEI Universal Cut with a New Years Sale 15% Now Through Jan 6, 2020 Code NOGNMOD

https://ateiguns.com/product/glock-u...pressor-sights

GLOCK UNIVERSAL POCKET (BOSSES INCLUDED) FOR TRIJICON RMR
    I prefer the PRO CUT, RMR is measured and the cut fits your RMR exactly and snugly $160.00

Plus refinishing.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    ATEI Universal Cut with a New Years Sale 15% Now Through Jan 6, 2020 Code NOGNMOD

https://ateiguns.com/product/glock-u...pressor-sights

I prefer the PRO CUT, RMR is measured and the cut fits your RMR exactly and snugly $160.00

Plus refinishing.
    !00% this. My 19.4 has the universal cut and its been great for a few thousand rounds.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Agree that atei pro cut is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    I was in the same boat as you not too long ago.
    1. I wanted to marry up an RMR to OEM slides
    2. I didn't want to go to one vendor to get sealer plates, another to get screws, another to mill a slide and refinish it
    3. I didn't want to have the gun down for very long
    4. I didn't want to have to spend the money to send parts out and back
    5. I wanted something that could work with unit issued or department issued guns (love or hate it, there's a LOT of MOS guns out there right now)
    6. I did NOT want a slide with tons of lightening cuts, random machining, etc. To me, it's a Glock - I don't care for it to look fancy. I care for it to work, and work affordably.

So, I made a request, and here's the first stab at it (ETA Not sure why pic is so small - HALP!) :

IMG_7499.jpg

On a G19 Gen 5 MOS FS, that's the V1 prototype Forward Controls Design (FCD) RMR plate. I asked for :
    1. Full coverage of the RMR so no sealer plate would be needed
    2. A snug fit on an OEM MOS slide, and snug fit on from the plate to the optic (thinking zero shifts due to battery changes)
    3. Steel construction and non-rusting Torx screws of the right length, with a vial of VC3 Vibratite provided because I wanted a one-stop-shop
    4. The RMR must mount lower than the slide top, close to what some milled setups were, but without cutting into the extractor channel

Been hammering rounds out lately, up to 3000+ rounds, and have not seen a problem crop up yet, through firing hot, cold, wet, and with impacts to the RMR (cycling off of wood stanchion). That photo was my last 25 Yd Freestyle string with Federal 124gr. ball - the gun would perform better with HST and in slightly warmer conditions (fingers were getting cold and losing sensation). As low sitting and as pain free as it is, so far I feel it validates the MOS cut and I no longer see fit to ship slides out for work.

If you hang on a bit, FCD is cranking on V2 with a few small tweaks, and should not be much longer until full release. I'll keep banging away on this gun until its out, but thus far I have full faith in it. To me, it made the Gen 5 MOS FS with some trigger polishing the "easy button"

S/F
    Last edited by C1-2DG; 12-29-19 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C1-2DG View Post
    I was in the same boat as you not too long ago.
    1. I wanted to marry up an RMR to OEM slides
    2. I didn't want to go to one vendor to get sealer plates, another to get screws, another to mill a slide and refinish it
    3. I didn't want to have the gun down for very long
    4. I didn't want to have to spend the money to send parts out and back
    5. I wanted something that could work with unit issued or department issued guns (love or hate it, there's a LOT of MOS guns out there right now)
    6. I did NOT want a slide with tons of lightening cuts, random machining, etc. To me, it's a Glock - I don't care for it to look fancy. I care for it to work, and work affordably.

On a G19 Gen 5 MOS FS, that's the V1 prototype Forward Controls Design (FCD) RMR plate. I asked for :
    1. Full coverage of the RMR so no sealer plate would be needed
    2. A snug fit on an OEM MOS slide, and snug fit on from the plate to the optic (thinking zero shifts due to battery changes)
    3. Steel construction and non-rusting Torx screws of the right length, with a vial of VC3 Vibratite provided because I wanted a one-stop-shop
    4. The RMR must mount lower than the slide top, close to what some milled setups were, but without cutting into the extractor channel
    This, in fact, encapsulates my current situation. I picked up a Glock 19 gen 5 MOS. It works. But, the RMR is a bit high (the BUIS are comically large), and there's a few reports about the optic coming loose / the plates not working well. While my pistol has not caused me any troubles through a few cases of ammo, I am still reticent to just ignore others reported issues. Thinking that I couldn't possibly be the whole market of folks that wanted a fresh Gen 5 slide, I looked around a bit, and the findings were curious. There's a few people making barebones Gen 3 RMR cut slides. Once you get to Gen 5, though, you're in crazytown, and everything looks like it is auditioning for a shitty space western. Plus, they cost an absurd amount.

FCD makes some sick stuff, and they are extremely careful with their designs. I'll have to take a long look at their RMR plates. If I can use my current hardware with only $50ish and some shipping down the pike, why not. That'll certainly make the wait for a Brownells Gen5 slide less painful, and less costly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So is that just a different MOS plate manufactured by FCD? Sorry, the post isn't clear to me.

I am also wanting to get a RMR Gen 5 19 but have the same concerns already posted in regards to well circulated issues with the MOS system and not wanting to send a slide out for custom work.

Additionally I like keeping the slide relatively generic for mounting different/better RDSs in the future.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Why didn’t you buy my ****ing Gen5 19 with an RM06 already on it when I offered it to you for $750 you fool

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    http://chpws.com/product/holosun-glo...apter-plate-v3

This is my G19.5 MOS with C&H Precision V3 plate.
    It fills in the space left by OEM MOS Milling

Using Ameriglo black GL-470 sights

Approved for duty use by over 200 Local, State, Federal and US Military units, this adapter plate will ensure your red dot stays on your slide where it’s suppose to be. Period.

Last edited by RWH24; 12-30-19 at 10:39.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast