Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radian Enhanced BCG and Bootleg Adjustable BCG

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Vltor was the first to place the FA forward. As to the moving handles charging handles, they have nothing over a fixed handle with moving latches.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Radian's at one time were produced by Azimuth Technology. Same place Hodge specs his from. They make great carriers. Hodge still uses them but has moved to more a standard mil spec looking carrier other than bolt material is 9310 and the carrier and bolt is black nitride.

Radian makes good stuff. Love their charging handles.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Radian Enhanced BCG and Bootleg Adjustable BCG

Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    AXTS is most definitely not on any deadbeat list that I know of as they seem to have innovated a number of AR parts beyond standard TDP specs. Their bolt hold open system and charging handles are known performers. They also placed the forward assist further forward in the upper, which BCM is now following suit with. I would not talk trash on something you have not used or don’t understand.
    Radian also makes uppers with more material where it counts and hand guards that behave like monolithic uppers without putting any tension on the barrel nut. They have right upper-lower figment. While they aren’t conceptually original, they tick most of the boxes of what counts for precision ARs, per “settled opinion” on countless threads on M4C.

When it comes to BCGs, I have much faith in them as many other quality brands. It’s not a component I have personally found a factor in precision as much as a quality match barrel.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Radian also makes uppers with more material where it counts and hand guards that behave like monolithic uppers without putting any tension on the barrel nut.
    I had missed that upper/handguard combo. Thanks for mentioning. Outside of what I’m willing to pay, but very cool.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    other than bolt material is 9310 and the carrier and bolt is black nitride.
    Neither of which thrills me, but "deadbeat" they are not. I use their Radian CH and Talon selectors, their ambi-lower is nice just not something I'm likely to spend that kind of cash on. And they're a good crew.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I had missed that upper/handguard combo. Thanks for mentioning. Outside of what I’m willing to pay, but very cool.
    $550ish for stripped upper/rail/ch with everything but BCG and barrel/gb/md. I think it’s excellent value for someone wanting a DIY precision build. I’ve found their BCGs as low as $115 on Lanbos.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I don’t disagree there is some value there, just a bit beyond my willingness. I ran the numbers up comparing with $250 for the FCD upper, another $250+ for KAC URX4, and $80 for the Raptor SD on sale. I purchased the latter two already, but with the understanding I can get a BCM upper for either $60 or $120.

Edit to add: Their BCG was $106 until today at OpticsPlanet. It’s showing about $122 now, I’m guessing either because they’re running a discount code, or their site is smart enough to see I’ve viewed the page a few times recently.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 12-31-19 at 23:08.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I don’t need for myself (and looks like would not work with MARS lower right side paddle anyway), but there is a guy on TacSwap selling a Radian Model 1 upper/handguard set with standard Raptor charging handle for $350. Does not have the forward assist or dust cover.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    When SOLGW BCG were $109 from PA. I could care less.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12