Thread: Diamond Files For 10-8 Sights- Reccomends?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Diamond Files For 10-8 Sights- Reccomends?

Looking to get some sights from 10-8 for a handgun.
    They say you need a diamond file to get through their uber-tough coating.
    All the diamond files I see on Amazon have shit reviews. Local Lowes doesn't even have any. Starting to feel like this is some sort of rare and specialized equipment...

For you fellas that have installed 10-8 sights- what diamond files did you use, and where did you purchase them?

Apparently you can also use a diamond hone, so I'm also toying with the idea of that as well.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Both sets of 10-8's I have installed on Glocks have slid right in. No need to fit.

Feedback Score
    I've used a cheap diamond knife sharpener for the last few years with great success. Load it up with oil and it takes material off quickly. Pretty sure it was less than $30 on Amazon (and works great for a quick edge on my knives!).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Go $32 more and get the Lansky diamond knife sharpener. Then you have various grits to choose from and a useful sharpening kit for edged tools.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Go $32 more and get the Lansky diamond knife sharpener. Then you have various grits to choose from and a useful sharpening kit for edged tools.
    I'll have to check that out.
    I was actually considering a DMT diamond stone, since research says a forum member here used one in the past to install these same sights, and I really have put off knife sharpening equipment for far to long.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment