Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many guns do you train with?

Feedback Score
    Little and big
    40X repeater in 22lr and a 308, both in AICS with 5-25 Vortex scopes
    M&P15-22 and JP AR- scope mismatch with a red dot and 1-8 scopes
    MP 9-22 and a FS 9mm, irons on the 22 and a red dot on the FS
    And a 'double 80/20' rule- 80% of my shots are with these six guns and 80% of that work is with the 22s.

Truth be told, when things start to go bang, the recoil, the trigger and the sights all kind of blend into the background of getting hits.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Many.
    Ak's, Ar's, G3's, Fals, M1as, Various precision rifles
    Glocks-17,19, 34, 44!, Beretta 92, CZ75, Sig 226, M&P, 1911's....

I shoot drills, shoot competitions, take classes and train with all of those and a few others.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lately lots of revolvers, and DA/SA guns. For me i have found that working with those makes my Glock shooting even better when I decide to pull them out.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    I train with 3 mostly. Glock 17 for duty, Glock 19 for CCW and ar15's. Tho the ar's are about 9 different ones, but they all have the same controls, just different optics and calibers.

Feedback Score
    I train with 3 different 1911’s (which are nightstand guns), a CZ P01 (carry gun and glove box), and several AR’s that are all in 5.56. One AR is a truck gun and the other 4 rotate time at the bedside with the 1911.

I’m in the indoor range at least 2x/week. Fortunately, I also have access to an outdoor range that has limited supervision. I can run and gun out there as much as I want, AND it’s only 20 minutes from my house.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I train with a G19 and my AR. I carry the G19 most of the time and my main AR is use as a HD rifle also. Although, I shoot regularly and hunt at least 6 months out of the year so I'm shooting my hunting rifles, shotguns and a single action Ruger Super Blackhawk in 45LC quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    These are the ones I actually train with, the others are just for fun/plinking/hunting etc

Pistols
    G19 with RMR (main carry)
    Sig P365 (deep conceal)

ARs
    16" mid length 5.56 with red dot (truck gun)
    8" 300 BLK suppressed (HD gun)
    16" mid length 5.56 with 1-8 (SHTF/all purpose)

Long range
    6 Creedmoor bolt gun (competition)

Feedback Score
    My "training" is 98% handgun and about 1% police pump gun and 1% personally owned Armalite AR. I maintain no long guns in a home defense/private carry mode. My work issues me a Mossberg 500 for duty use. The AR practice I do is for the eventuality of patrol rifles coming to my work that is now on hold due to budgetary issues with the coronovirus panic and subsequent drop in tax revenues coming in. I will probably be retired before the program gets started and even partially implemented.
    My issued gun is a G4 G23 and I bought a police trade in G22 for practice since I reload for .40 and the Office is stingy with practice ammo. Also, the issued G23 smacks me in the forehead with brass about once every hundred rounds with our practice ammo. I also shoot my old G17 G2 and carry it off duty on occasion on the belt to supplement the pocket 442 snub mentioned below.
    My always off duty gun is a pocket carried 442-2 and I shoot around 100 rounds a year through it incorporating ammo management/reloads at the same time. I usually supplement it with a belt carried Glock or service size .38 sixgun carried IWB.
    I am loath to give up my revolvers because learning effective DA shooting, to me, usually translates to better trigger control on most other firearm types.
    I could easily get rid of my two subcompact Glocks since they are seldom carried anymore.
    My favorite fun gun is a Henry lever .22.
    I really should sell or gift to my children a significant portion of the firearms I have on hand and put the cash realized toward something else.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 04-24-20 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    I run 2 pistols the same, ready to shoot with no need to play with a safety. The 3rd pistol is only different when it comes to reloading.

The 2 pistols that are run the same are CGW CZ P07/09, carried hammer down, the other pistol is Hi Power.

I carry the Hi Power in a kydex holster, the pistol is on safe going into the holster, I then take it off safe. Just as I used to in the old days, but it was a hard leather holster that I modified so the thumb break had added material so people wouldn't freak out. Israel back in the day being condition 3 carry every where. Today in the best places this isn't true any more but the carry gun are Glocks.

Third gun is HK P7, which I practice reloads on daily.

Long guns, I don't get to shoot very often. Too busy. But I am going to take steps post corona that will, allow me to shoot a long gun every day.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I shoot pistol (100 rounds) & carbine (60 rounds) just about every week. I’ll take one handgun and one long gun each trip. 5 “go to” guns in my rotation:

Pistol
    - HK USP LEM Compact (duty)
    - G19 RMR (Carry)
    - G43x (Carry)

Carbine
    - BCM Recce 14 w/ P4xi
    - BCM CQB 11 w/ H2

For just fun, once a month I’ll work in one of my other guns like my 1911, SP5 or clone GAU5A/A usually.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast