Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any updates on S&W Internal Locks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    My 340SC with magnum loads is about the nastiest kicking thing ever conceived. The lock has never misbehaved.
    That said, wouldn't mind taking it out...any idea who is peddling blocks for the key opening?
    Moon
    Here is a link to an old ad on another forum of the guy I bought mine from some years back. I have since ordered more, BUT...….. he is retired and does this as a hobby now and sometimes is not in the shop for months, so make sure you contact him and ask if he has any available or when he will have them available before you send money. Otherwise it could be months of waiting. It looks like he hasn't been on the S&W forum since early November, so you can try his aol email address in the ad to see his status, or just bypass. I think his product is solid and have used multiple from him.
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/accesso...#post139705168

A friend of mine bought from this site, he received it very fast but it cost more than the guy I used and I didn't like the clip that holds the plug in place, but if my guy isn't available you can use this one or search for others. He has a video on his site showing how to do the swap.
    https://www.originalprecision.com/

This is the video I used, boring but it sure helped do the job without any issues. It took me about 20 min on the 340sc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPYgohVCNM

Feedback Score
    INMY', what was the source for your blank?
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    INMY', what was the source for your blank?
    Moon
    I got mine from the Original Precision guy. I was a little disappointed it doesn’t fit flush with the frame. It is recessed a bit. For the price he charges and having to know your exact specific gun it’s gokng in it should fit perfect. I like it tho.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The Model 22 looks better with a plug

This one was from John Witt on the Smith-Wesson Forum, though John had some major health issues. Ed Jennings is making them now.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I put a titanium plug in my 329PD from Original Precision. I think mine fits flush, but I would have to get it from the safe to check. I know the guy says you can play with the positioning a little, but IIRC the available adjustment couldnt have been more than 2-3 thousands.

I read enough stories on S&W forum about the 329PD having hard enough recoil to engage the lock... I would believe it... Harder recoiling than any X-frame I have shot... Carry lots, shoot little...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really dislike the lock but as someone pointed out it's mandatory in MA and other states so I don't expect them to disappear. I wouldn't let the lock stop me from buying a revo I liked but as of now I won't buy a new S&W due to the barrel clocking issue which I fell victim a few years ago with a new M15. As of now my revolver needs are filled and all of them are pre-lock.

Feedback Score
    If someone doesn’t want to buy the plug I can understand that but I would at least remove the lock flag. It’s easy enough and renders the lock inoperable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I really dislike the lock but as someone pointed out it's mandatory in MA and other states so I don't expect them to disappear...
    As far as I'm aware it's mandatory in MA that firearms be stored locked (as in: under lock and key); there's no mandate that the lock be integral to the firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankstrap View Post
    As far as I'm aware it's mandatory in MA that firearms be stored locked (as in: under lock and key); there's no mandate that the lock be integral to the firearm.
    Well okay, maybe my information was incorrect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I really dislike the lock but as someone pointed out it's mandatory in MA and other states so I don't expect them to disappear. I wouldn't let the lock stop me from buying a revo I liked but as of now I won't buy a new S&W due to the barrel clocking issue which I fell victim a few years ago with a new M15. As of now my revolver needs are filled and all of them are pre-lock.
    My only S&W with the ILS is a 442-2 bought new in ‘13.
    700 rounds down the pipe and lots of pocket miles. It is my “always” gun when not working.
    I don’t worry about the lock.
    I have plenty of pre-lock K Smiths for belt carry and range fun even though I am tempted to pick up a current version K frame for strictly a training/dry fire gun to reduce the mileage on my old Ks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12