Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STI 2011 - DUO or other plate for RMR?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I ordered a C2 non-DUO and will be going with the RDSM. I'll update when it's all done (who knows how long that will be).

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I ordered a C2 non-DUO and will be going with the RDSM. I'll update when it's all done (who knows how long that will be).
    I would love to see some photos once its all done. This is the leading contender for my EDC pistol. I would love a Chambers gun but it's just not a realistic price point for me at this time.

I think the C2 plus the RDSM is the ticket.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    It's been at Defensive Creations for two weeks. Hopefully soon. I'm very excited.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I got the gun with optic mount back about a month ago. Stuck a new RM06 on it and have put about 1250-1500 through it since. The extractor needed minor tuning to get it where it needed to be, but the gun has otherwise been worry free. I have shot a mix of 115 and 124 grain ball from various companies, 124 +P Gold Dot, and 135 +P Critical Duty. No ammo-related problems. Trigger is clean and smooth at about 4 pounds. Safety is very positive (full-size right side paddle is a nice touch), grip safety is right where it should be.

The RDSM is a great mount. It's lower than the DUO and I like the irons forward design. It's also cheaper than the DUO. Being limited to the RMR footprint may prove limiting in the long run, but that's really hard to infer. Reports that you can use the RDSM with a "normal" front sight are not accurate. I still need to calculate the proper height for the front sight and obtain one.

I've been shooting the gun out of an LAS Concealment AIWB holster and like it, but am in the process of trying to find one for a TLR-7A.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Good to hear. Can you post up some photos when you get a chance?

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I spoke with Buck at CHPWS re. availability of an RMR mount for a DVC-P.
    Their plate is attractive as it is actually substantially lower than the OEM STI or Dawson plates.
    He said they don't have one currently, but if I sent my slide they'd fabricate one and have slide back to me in 4 weeks.

I'll report back after receiving and testing durability with live fire.

A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yeah this is my other option I'm looking into. Aaron from Sage Dynamics has a solid video on the CHPWS plates, though Glock specific.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Recieved the CHPWS mount plate.

It places the RD substantially lower than Dawson's plate.
    I find it quicker to acquire Dot with the thinner plate.

Dawson-

CH-
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've been a little remiss. Here is my C2 with RDSM.

I have since obtained a Staccato P and had an RDSM installed on it, too. I dig the mount.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I've been a little remiss. Here is my C2 with RDSM.

I have since obtained a Staccato P and had an RDSM installed on it, too. I dig the mount.
    Well shit. I know where next year's gun budget is going.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast