Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
Oops...I missed that Nighthawk wasn't doing theirs as a service. I never really pursued it myself...my fault.

The bosses for the Chambers are little metal ...nubs?... that drop into machined spots in the mount and then stick up high enough to interface with the optic. I have a set for one of my RDSMs and have not installed them to see how tightly fit they are. They aren't as nice as the T posts from C&H, but it's notable that the bosses are milled into the V4 C&H plate, it's the screw posts that are replaceable. It's been "on the list" of things to do, but the Staccato P that could use them is a range only gun and is just so dead nuts perfect right now that I don't want to pull the optic until the end of the shooting season. There's a little bit of superstition in there, but it's where I'm at on it...

Now that I'm on a computer and not my damn phone I can talk a little more about the mount. I originally had the C2 done. The optic on it is a Type 2 RM06. The fit is very snug...not like ATEI snug, but snug. The P was done next and has a Type 2 RM09. The second RDSM does not fit to the optic as tightly. There is maybe a paper width of space between the optic body and the front of the wall. I talked to Joe about this and he says that it's because of the variation in optic dimensions and needing to make the mount big enough to fit the largest variation of the optic. That makes sense to me. He sent me out a little bag of bosses at no charge. This is probably going to be the case with any 1911/2011 optic mount because nobody is milling slides for the guns like they are for Glocks...it's all bolt on mounts (at least with the RMR).
Very informative, thank you.

I’ll have to reach out to CCP direct and pick their brains a little. I can understand making the plate on the large spec to accommodate all RMRs but that’s what everyone else has done in the past and now (and for sometime now) you’re seeing a concerted effort precision fit plates and slides to the individual optics. Frankly, I’d pay the machinist extra to do this if need be even with the plate bosses.

I can understand on a game gun it being less critical and then doubly so given the slowish slide velocities of an all steel 1911 and low power factor ammo but I’d want all the support I could get if that gun’s ever going to get racked off a window frame or car door.

I wonder how things would be if the RMR design had used larger 8-32 or 10-32 mounting hardware instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk