Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt Rifles and Military Primers

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My RAR just isn't indenting the harder primers enough to fire them. Bolt and striker are clean. It's hard for me to tell at this point if the striker is on the short side of allowable or the spring is weak. I could sent it back to Ruger but the lazy thing to do is simply shoot the ammo it doesn't have issues with.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-11-20 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    Call Ruger customer service. I have had others tell me they called saying they were using COMBLOC 7.62X39 and were told their rifles were not designed for military ammo. Won't hurt to see what they say.

Feedback Score
    I recently bought a RAR in .300 BLK. It has no problem setting off my loads with CCI #41 primers.

Feedback Score
    My ruger american in 762x39 chews thru the hard com bloc primers all day.
    Last edited by robbins290; 08-06-20 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    Assuming ‘military primer’ means comblock steel case ammo, it might help to mention what brand.
    Not all the same. Wolf & Red Army are importers and buy from multiple factories. Usually anything from Barnaul plant like Brown or Silver Bear is good.
    Before you assume it’s a hard primer issue, check to see if the primers are set too deep. I’ve seen that in more than one caliber.
    I know historically Rugers have had some issues with short protrusions on firing pins but I think that’s been corrected. I do know my 6.5Grendel Ruger Predator has never failed to touch off steel case Wolf.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    Assuming ‘military primer’ means comblock steel case ammo, it might help to mention what brand.
    Not all the same. Wolf & Red Army are importers and buy from multiple factories. Usually anything from Barnaul plant like Brown or Silver Bear is good.
    Before you assume it’s a hard primer issue, check to see if the primers are set too deep. I’ve seen that in more than one caliber.
    I know historically Rugers have had some issues with short protrusions on firing pins but I think that’s been corrected. I do know my 6.5Grendel Ruger Predator has never failed to touch off steel case Wolf.
    I did indeed mention the brands at issue. All brass case US produced ammo. Thank you for the feedback, it seems like the issue is with my rifle, not with the model.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12