Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Ruger 5.7x28mm

Feedback Score

The new Ruger 5.7x28mm

I have to ask - is there much of a market for this thing?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...view-ruger-57/

Feedback Score
    I would be all over it. But i am not a fan of the ruger auto's anymore.

Feedback Score
    It looks like a space gun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    But i am not a fan of the ruger auto's anymore.
    Why not?

Their .22s are pretty much the industry standard. And their 1911 copies are pretty darned solid.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I have to ask - is there much of a market for this thing?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...view-ruger-57/
    Hard to say. Ruger usually seems to be all about what will sell in huge quantities rather than making a niche gun for a niche market. But maybe the 57 indicates a philosophical change. At least in part.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Formal review here:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ger-57-pistol/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice review and pics here:

https://www.realguns.com/articles/1159.htm

Feedback Score
    Let me rephrase my comment. Not a fan of rugers center fired auto loaders. The LC9s had to go back twice. the american series feel cheap and there triggers are horrible. The SR series i do not know much about.

Feedback Score
    There mark series autoloaders are great. But look up what the SR22 slides are made out of? Someone on another forum showed pics of his slide, that he had to send back to ruger for fixing a few times. there rifles are great, i own a american ranch and a mini 14 in 300 blackout.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't call their American Pistol a flop, but it hasn't seemed to have generated much excitement.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast