Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Ruger 5.7x28mm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    UGLY!
    I actually like it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's actually pretty cool, I just have a hard time envisioning a scenario where I would buy one.
    Kind of makes me wonder if Ruger might put out a 5.7mm carbine too though. That would also be a pretty cool thing I probably won't buy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    That's actually pretty cool, I just have a hard time envisioning a scenario where I would buy one.
    Kind of makes me wonder if Ruger might put out a 5.7mm carbine too though. That would also be a pretty cool thing I probably won't buy.
    Logically I can't see why Ruger wouldn't make a carbine.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I like it, definitely interested in it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I've long said that I'd probably buy a Five-seveN as a 100 yard gopher pistol, if they cost about $600. I'm guessing the Ruger will be right at that price point.

Looks like they borked up the thumb safety, though; put the axis too far back on the frame.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

Looks like they borked up the thumb safety, though; put the axis too far back on the frame.
    It works well enough.

My bigger complaint ergonomically is the trigger guard. Too Glock-like in that it is too shallow. My trigger finger rubs on the bottom when I shoot.

Last edited by Tokarev; 01-01-20 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Does anyone know if this uses FN or proprietary mags? I’m interested. I’ve always wanted a 5.7, just because. I’m actually hoping this will drive down the price of FN 57s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Does anyone know if this uses FN or proprietary mags? I’m interested. I’ve always wanted a 5.7, just because. I’m actually hoping this will drive down the price of FN 57s.
    Proprietary.

Feedback Score
    The gun enthusiast in me likes this gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Why not?

Their .22s are pretty much the industry standard. And their 1911 copies are pretty darned solid.

They make a lot more than that. Why didn’t you list any of their other junk?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast