View Poll Results: Which interchangeable belt configuration would you choose?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • G Code RTI

11 40.74%
  • Safariland QLS

15 55.56%
  • Other, please state.

0 0%
  • None, they all suck, configure each 1st line belt individually.

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Code RTI vs Safariland QLS vs ??

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

G-Code RTI vs Safariland QLS vs ??

I have need for an interchangeable holster/mag system, I'm looking at G-Code RTI and Safariland QLS options and I'm wondering the pro/cons of each from those that used them. Wondering which way to go if at all.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    My only experience is with QLS, but I have found it to be reliable but a touch...loose. It is easy to lock in and take out but tends not to be real snug in terms of lockup. Personally I kind of equate it to upper/lower fit (total hogwash type stuff). It works and is reliable. I tend to look at holsters like mags. I have a duty holster and training holsters.

G code looks good but I am heavily invested in QLS. FYI I think for mags, most tend to use MLS because it is smaller.

Tagged for interest.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

G-Code RTI vs Safariland QLS vs ??

I went through this years ago and there were a few comparisons online the , but I’ve barely seen anything since. Ultimately I found that according to others, RTI was a tad lower profile so despite the increased cost, I went that way. I’ve never messed with QLS so I don’t really know, but an ALS holster with an RTI backer has been a fantastic solution IME.

ETA - this is for holsters. Mag pouches are Tacos so I don’t screw around with that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    ...RTI was a tad lower profile...
    Funny, this was the opposite of one of my reasons for picking the QLS, it is a larger profile and clears my PC without the need for low mount or thigh mount. Different strokes.

Feedback Score
    I went with Safariland QLS. The only reason being as an LEO, the Sam Browne belt is 2 1/4" wide. G Code doesn't make a belt mount over 2". Otherwise, I would likely have gone with them, rather than the QLS.

When I no longer have need of a Sam Browne, I will likely transition over. I do use their Scorpion soft shell mag pouches on Molle type gear though.

Feedback Score
    G-code all day. The lock up is rock solid, you have way more possibilities to accessorize (mule, DLS, the new drop and strap belt mount, etc). Their customer service is great, and their holster selection is sufficient. You can choose a holster for a G17 with RMR cut for an example, and you don't even have to sell a vital organ to afford it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    G-code all day. The lock up is rock solid, you have way more possibilities to accessorize (mule, DLS, the new drop and strap belt mount, etc). Their customer service is great, and their holster selection is sufficient. You can choose a holster for a G17 with RMR cut for an example, and you don't even have to sell a vital organ to afford it.
    I've been less than pleased with their CS and holsters. RTI is a winner though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I run the G-Code. I'm happy with it.

Feedback Score
    I run G-Code RTI and HSGI Tacos. At one time, I was switching between 1911s, Glocks, Sigs, and H&Ks depending on who I was training with. The combination was excellent for accommodating multiple pistols and holsters. I’m no longer training as much as I once did and it’s for personal betterment so I am no longer into modularity as I once was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    Funny, this was the opposite of one of my reasons for picking the QLS, it is a larger profile and clears my PC without the need for low mount or thigh mount. Different strokes.
    Same here after looking at a friend's RTI vs. my QLS, though for what it is worth most anyone looking for concealment would do well to look elsewhere.

I have noticed the slight QLS looseness also and consider it a non-issue as well. Only handled the RTI once so can't comment on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast