Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Psa uppers

Feedback Score

Psa uppers

Hey everyone I'm new to the Ar world, but was looking into building one of my own. Was wondering the qaulity of the Palmetto State armory complete uppers.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The general recommendation would be to avoid for your primary rifle. They are not known for high QA/QC. That doesn’t mean they are junk, just not where you want to start. I did use a PSA lower for my first “build,” and don’t regret it, but I made sure to spend the money for a reputable upper.

What’s the purpose of your planned rifle?

What sort of budget are you working with?

If you can provide those answers, you can get some good recommendations.

Feedback Score
    The purpose would probably be a home defense gun/fun gun, for some range shooting. And for my budget I would like to keep it under 800 or 700 bucks, but I plan to build it little by little starting with the lower then just buying a complete upper

Feedback Score
    I've got a few PSA uppers in 5.56 and 7.62x39. They all run just fine.

So they are maybe not as refined as the top-shelf uppers on the market, but they are about the same as what our military has used for decades.

If you go PSA, it would be a good thing to get the CHF upper, and Premium BCG, if your budget allows it. They are still very reasonable, and have chrome lining and o-ring extractors.

If you are looking for a serviceable, budget-friendly upper, buy PSA with confidence.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so then I could get a good bcg separately from the upper

Feedback Score
    Most of the basic 'freedom' upper include the basic BCG/CH. I have a few and they all run fine.

I also have a CHF upper, that came without BCG/CH, and I ordered the premium BCG for that, and a couple other upper builds I had going.

They are all serviceable.

Feedback Score
    I've also got Colt and BCM rigs. You cannot tell them from the PSA by looking at the targets, or rate of stoppages (extremely rare in all examples).

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If you are looking for a home defense weapon, I would recommend spending a little more on the upper, perhaps something like this:

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-stan...-group-625fsb/

You’ll still need a charging handle and bolt carrier group. You could pick up both right now during the BCM sale going on at www.primaryarms.com. Or, do what I tend to do and nab on there Equipment Exchange. Others would recommend a Toolcraft BCG as a solid option for half the cost.

Then, you’ll need at least a rear sight. The Magpul MBUS is not ideal, but is serviceable. They are intended to be backups. You could also pick up a Daniel Defense fixed rear sight. Or, if you don’t plan on adding an optic (red dot sight) in the future, you could get a used Colt, BCM, or LMT carry handle for pretty cheap.

I don’t intend to be argumentative about this, but PSA uppers are absolutely not assembled to the same standards seen on military rifles from Colt and FN. I personally don’t see evidence that the materials or parts are inferior, but they are not made to the same specifications (like gas port size) or quality standards (canted front sights). BCM is right there, though.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    On PSA uppers and BCG, I had and sold I had the premium version of both. The BCG was super rough in the upper, more than my BCM, Colt, Sionics, or Toolcraft BCG. And the upper kicked hard (relatively speaking, as this is .223) compared to Colt, BCM, or Ballistic Advantage.

Feedback Score
    I plan to have an optic most likely a reflex, but also use flip ups as my backups

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast