Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Psa uppers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Psa uppers

Hey everyone I'm new to the Ar world, but was looking into building one of my own. Was wondering the qaulity of the Palmetto State armory complete uppers.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The general recommendation would be to avoid for your primary rifle. They are not known for high QA/QC. That doesn’t mean they are junk, just not where you want to start. I did use a PSA lower for my first “build,” and don’t regret it, but I made sure to spend the money for a reputable upper.

What’s the purpose of your planned rifle?

What sort of budget are you working with?

If you can provide those answers, you can get some good recommendations.

Feedback Score
    The purpose would probably be a home defense gun/fun gun, for some range shooting. And for my budget I would like to keep it under 800 or 700 bucks, but I plan to build it little by little starting with the lower then just buying a complete upper

Feedback Score
    I've got a few PSA uppers in 5.56 and 7.62x39. They all run just fine.

So they are maybe not as refined as the top-shelf uppers on the market, but they are about the same as what our military has used for decades.

If you go PSA, it would be a good thing to get the CHF upper, and Premium BCG, if your budget allows it. They are still very reasonable, and have chrome lining and o-ring extractors.

If you are looking for a serviceable, budget-friendly upper, buy PSA with confidence.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so then I could get a good bcg separately from the upper

Feedback Score
    Most of the basic 'freedom' upper include the basic BCG/CH. I have a few and they all run fine.

I also have a CHF upper, that came without BCG/CH, and I ordered the premium BCG for that, and a couple other upper builds I had going.

They are all serviceable.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    I've got a few PSA uppers in 5.56 and 7.62x39. They all run just fine.

So they are maybe not as refined as the top-shelf uppers on the market, but they are about the same as what our military has used for decades.

If you go PSA, it would be a good thing to get the CHF upper, and Premium BCG, if your budget allows it. They are still very reasonable, and have chrome lining and o-ring extractors.

If you are looking for a serviceable, budget-friendly upper, buy PSA with confidence.
    Whole lot of nope here. Basic features, sure, they’re similar because they’re all basic. But they’re far from being about the same as our issues Colts and FNs. PSA’s consistency and QA/QC is known to be lacking at best, non-existent at worse. They make tons of guns that work, but they also make a much higher percentage of flawed guns and components than the better brands out there. I’ve been super happy that mine has right around 1k rounds through it without an issue, but the staking on the original BCG was super weak and I still expect it to fail at any point. My current one can shoot a 1” group at 50m while another one that I had was sitting at 3”.

PSAs are good if you truly can’t afford better, without saving for many more months. But that’s only their really cheap stuff and it should have the expectation of failure. Their CHF line is supposed to be better, but typically are so close in price to the actual good companies that it doesn’t make sense to buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Whole lot of nope here. Basic features, sure, they’re similar because they’re all basic. But they’re far from being about the same as our issues Colts and FNs. PSA’s consistency and QA/QC is known to be lacking at best, non-existent at worse. They make tons of guns that work, but they also make a much higher percentage of flawed guns and components than the better brands out there. I’ve been super happy that mine has right around 1k rounds through it without an issue, but the staking on the original BCG was super weak and I still expect it to fail at any point. My current one can shoot a 1” group at 50m while another one that I had was sitting at 3”.

PSAs are good if you truly can’t afford better, without saving for many more months. But that’s only their really cheap stuff and it should have the expectation of failure. Their CHF line is supposed to be better, but typically are so close in price to the actual good companies that it doesn’t make sense to buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention having an o-ring on the extractor spring is not a selling point, those o-rings were a stop gap used to make up for crappy springs. Use a Colt copper colored spring or the 5 coil from Sprinco and the o-ring is not needed.

I agree 100% with this summary.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebaker24 View Post
    The purpose would probably be a home defense gun/fun gun, for some range shooting. And for my budget I would like to keep it under 800 or 700 bucks, but I plan to build it little by little starting with the lower then just buying a complete upper
    A lot of good advice here from the seasoned members. You just missed the sale of the century on Black Friday with so many deals to be had from so many quality companies. But if you look around, especially at some of the companies that advertise here and the EE you will still be able to put together a quality rifle at a good price.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What’s the purpose of your planned rifle?
    It doesn't really matter because 90% of the time, the right choice is an AR with a 16 inch barrel and an adjustable stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kylebaker24 View Post
    See what I mean?

Kyle, a PSA wil teach you more about troubleshooting and tweaking an AR than you'll ever want to know.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast